Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 30, 2019

2020 goals, PHD, and a UFO Number Draw Challenge

Please feel free to join me in my UFO Number Draw Challenge!




I have been participating in Patchwork Times UFO Challenge for many years.  She is discontinuing it in 2020, and I know I will really miss it.  I have decided to host a UFO NDC (Number Draw Challenge) to replace it.  Here are the guidelines:

1.  Make a list of 12 quilty things you want to finish this year.  You determine the definition of a "finish".  It is your goal.  It could be a finished top, or finished blocks, or a border of applique', or a complete finish.  Pick something you can reasonably finish in a month's time.

2.  Number your list.

3.  I will have an electronic number picker select a number each month.  That number will tell us which project to "finish" for that month.  Feel free to rearrange number goals if you have a deadline or other personal reasons to switch.  I recommend going back and rearranging your numbers on your original post to keep things less confusing for you.  

4.  Link up.  I will host a once a month link up for our goals and previous month's progress.  Please link up your "finish" even if you only made progress on your goal.

If you come into the game later in the year, feel free to join in.  You can just number your projects with the remaining, unused numbers.

January # is 10!  You can link up your #10 post there if you like.
February # is 8!
March is #11
April is #4
May is #12
December will be #2

Here is my 2020 UFO NDC (Number Draw Challenge) List:

1.  Quilt and bind School Kid Barns.  This one is basted and the binding is made.
UPDATE:  DONE!






2.  Quilt and bind my Dear Jane.  This one is basted and the binding is made. - DIDN'T GET DONE THIS YEAR



3.  Quilt and bind Block Lotto Win.  It is basted and the binding is made. - UPDATE:  DONE!




4.  Quilt and bind Family Round Robin.  My sister-in-law planned this round robin quilt for me.  She is on the left and I am on the right.
UPDATE:  DONE!




5.  Quilt and bind Memory Round Robin.  It is basted and the binding is made.
UPDATE:  DONE!





6.  Quilt and bind Nash's Trucks.  It is also basted and binding is done.
UPDATE:  DONE!






7.  Finish glue basting Diamond Hill Borders. 
UPDATE:  DONE!





8.  Assemble Country Barnyard.  I have been making blocks all year.  Here are a few...
UPDATE:  DONE!









This is where I am headed with these two quilts.  I engineered these Buggy Barn blocks for a round robin for my sister-in-law.





9.  Assemble Batik Barnyard.  Here are some of those blocks.
UPDATE:  DONE!












10.  Finish Black Memory RR top. I have figured out the layout.
UPDATE:  DONE!




11.  Finish Journey to Arizona top.  I need to piece some sashing columns for it and do borders.
UPDATE:  DONE!




12.  Finish my pink travel bag.  This is one like it I made last year.  Mine is in the very early stages.
UPDATE:  DONE!



I would love to see a post with your numbered list.  Please link up.  This will stay open for most of the year so late comers can join.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


I am linking up with Tish's UFO Busting!


Check out her linky party.

I am also adding my current UFO list here as a reference for the 2020 PHD challenge.  For this challenge, any new 2020 starts have to be completed in 2020 along with 12 UFOs.




2020 Flimsies – MY TOPS ready to quilt
#
Name of Quilt
Date
Started
Date
Complete
1
Dec 2015
Nov 2020
2
Nov 2015
Jan 2020
3
May 2010

4
Dec 2017

5
Nov 2017
Aug 2020
6
Pre-2009
July 2020
7
July 2019
Feb 2020
8
2018
May 2020
9
2019
June 2020



















2020 UFOs – Needs Piecing Finished
#
Name of Quilt
Date
Started
Date
Top Done
1
Jan 2011

2
Feb 2017

3
Pre 2009

4
Pre 2009
Jan 2020
5
2019
June 2020
6
Nov 2018

7
Dec 2018

8
Dec 2018
Jan 2020
9
Dec 2018

10
Dec 2018
Feb 2020
11
Dec 2018
April 2020
12
Dec 2018

13
Jan 2019
April 2020
14
Feb 2019
May 2020
























9 comments:

  1. I am doing this with my quilt group too. I will do up another list. I am sure I have plenty I can add. I'll try to get my post done tomorrow... NEW YEARS DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my UFO's just need quilting. I am trying to perfect that, and since I have three years until my next grandchild graduates, hope to have more confidence in my abilities. I have a couple of tops that are not designated for a grandchild, and am working on them now. My OCD won't let me have unfinished tops. Work as I get the blocks finished. Thanks for the invitation, but I will decline for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you'll have a very busy year of quilting & piecing! I would love to join your Number Draw project, but I have difficulty scheduling time to "play" when school is session because I teach full time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got several quilts so close to finishing, hopefully that means you'll have an easy time getting them all done. The last couple of years I've played along with the American Patchwork and Quilting Facebook UFO Challenge, so I have my list of 12 already picked out. I'm always glad for extra motivation to work on a project, so I'd like to join in for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edi was looking for a replacement, so I'll tell her about this! I have twelve already made out, so I'll post a link shortly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love Diamond Hill, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So ... Edi and I have been waiting for April's number. Did we miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Would love to join in on this UFO challenge. I've got lots of tops that need
    put together and finished. Sounds like this is the perfect challenge for me.
    Question....What the heck is PHD challenge...I've seen it at lots of blogs but
    could not figure out what it is...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color palette in this. So many decision to still make. But, I guess that's the fun of it.

    slot mandiri888

    slot mandiri888

    slot mandiri888

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.