Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Good and Scary February! Also, UFO NDC for March



Wow!  February is over and I may have grown a few more grey hairs.  Let's start off with the best things!

I have a finish!  Yay Yay Yay!  I have a finish!  Nash's trucks are done and ready to go home to him.  He is the happiest little man ever!  I hope he enjoys his quilt from grandma for a long time!












I am linking up with One Monthly Goal on this finish!  Here is a link back to my original goal.

Now for the UFO NDC:  March is #11.  You can link up your March goal and February progress at this link!







My # 11 for March (see goals here) is to finish my Journey to Arizona Quilt top.  This quilt tells a story of a journey I took last year with my sweetheart where we hiked 62 miles and biked 195 miles from our home to the Arizona line.  You can learn more about it  in these posts.  The change from black sections to white sections represents a day. The number of logs in the braid represent miles.  The colored squares have meaning to represent days he went alone and with me, biking or hiking.  The panel that will be used on the final column looks just like the country we traveled through - so so so beautiful!



The grey hair part of my February story is about stress.  My daughter's twins had to have emergency fetal surgery this past month out of state.  It went well thanks to many prayers and God's will.  We just found out last week that they will hospitalize her at 24 weeks permanently until they are born.  It will be hard in many ways as she will be in a hospital away from family while we all work together to take turns with her kids.  The very good and comforting part is that babies will be closely watched over until they arrive.  

Thank you again for your prayers!

Have fun with your March sewing!  Remember, we do this for fun!

I am also linking up with:

Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday
Wendy's Peacock Party
Michelle's Beauties Pageant
Sarah's Can I get a Whoop Whoop?
Home Sewn by Us - TGIFF
Alicia Quilts - Finished or Not Friday

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Nash's quilt is just fab-u-lous! I have been meaning to start a very similar project for my great-nephew. He will be moving to a big-boy bed soon and I think a twin size quilt with these trucks on it would be just perfect. Oh, you are providing great inspiration for me to get going on it. Thank you so much for linking up with TGIFF this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that truck quilt is beyond adorable !!! Is the tires precut and fusible for you? Love it so much.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Journey to Arizona - great top! The trucks came out fabulous, and I love the fussy cut Jeep fabric. How scary your new grandchildren's problem, but what miracle babies they already are. She's going to be so bored, I'm guessing - and the insurance had better be good for that stay. Wow. Good thing there will be family to help the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your truck quilt. I'm sure Nash will love it forever, too. It's so nice that you have a grandson that you can spoil with cute quilts. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, also, about my Stargazer quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the great finish!! and fingers crossed for no more grey hairs and smooth sailing for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the truck quilt. That cute baby will be snug as a bug in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the surgery went well. Hope the stress levels drop a bit and that all else with the twins goes very smoothly. Love the truck quilt, it's perfect for a little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.