Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 2, 2023

2023 Goals...a new year with changes from previous years

NOTE TO READERS:  This post features quilts you have seen already lately and is mostly for my own record keeping.  I am not really trying to bore you with repetition. 

New in 2023:

  • I joined the Stashbee and look forward to doing a block each month for someone else.
  • I also joined a local round robin which involves making two blocks a month for someone else.
  • I plan to start AND FINISH several projects I purchased last year.  My intent is to finish it within or close to a year of purchase.
  • Scrub Stitching Retreat in Australia - yay yay hooray!!!
Continue in 2023:
Changes and UFO Lists

I have loved participating in Gail's UFO Challenge each year.  I get so much done and reduce my new starts when I participate.  This challenge really makes me think twice before starting something new because you have to finish it within the year.  Well, this year I don't have 12 UFOs.  Yay!  That means I am doing so good on getting all those quilts done!

Even though I can't participate (not enough UFOs), I am still making a list of what needs to be completed and also finishing all my new starts in 2023.  My list is below. 



2023 UFOS & WIPS

#

Name of Quilt

Date Started

Date Top Done

Date finished

1

Quilted Barns UFO

Jan 2011

 

 

2

Disney Princesses WIP

Dec 2018

 

 

3

Color My World WIPMar 2021

 

 2023

4

Crazy Quilty Ladies WIPMarch 2022

 

 2023

5

Cherry Fizz Bloom  WIP June 2022

 

 May 23

6

Gingerbread Square UFO

 

 

7

Omigosh leader/enderMay 2010

 

 

8



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


2023 NewFOs ( new starts this year)

#

Name of Quilt

Date Started

Date Top Done

Date Finished

1

Red Pinwheel

Jan 2023

March 2023

April 2023

2

Tillie Pinwheel

Jan 2023

March 2023

March 2023

3

Buggy Barn Flowers

April 2023

May 2023

 2023

4

Tulip Garden

April 2023

May 2023

 2023

5

Sports Braid

April 2023

May 2023

 2023

6

Tulip Winner

May 2023

June 2023

 

7

Celestial Star

April 2023

 

 

8

Diddles Bag

April 2023

Bag

April 2023

9

Nutmeg BOM

May 2023

BOM

 

10

Kaffe BOM

May 2023

BOM

 

11

Country Rose BOM

May 2023

BOM

 

12

Jewels of the Caribbean BOM

May 2023

BOM

 

13

Spring Mother’s Day Mystery

June 2023

BOM

 

14

 

 

 

 

15

 

 

 

 

16

 

 

 

 

17

 

 

 

 

18

 

 

 

 

19

 

 

 

 

20

 

 

 

 

21

 

 

 

 

22

 

 

 

 





The Patchwork Quilting UFO Challenge is also a big motivator for me.  It is super fun to see what number will pop up each month to tell us which quilt to work on.  I have also decided to abandon it this year.  I want certain quilts done in certain months.

Here is the state each quilt is in as of Dec 31st:

#1 Quilted Barns - goal is just make progress on it.  Maybe I will make the windmill and add to it.



#2 Color My World - Goal is a completed quilt.  I only have 6 more blocks to make and then it will be ready for assembly and borders.




#3 Make 4-5 Disney Princess Blocks - Elsa, Anna, Merida,  & Cinderella.  I might make one more.  We shall see.




Princess Castle - The princesses above are all set inside castle windows.  The goal is to piece the castle, finish the top, quilt and bind.


#4 Crazy Quilty Ladies - Goal is to finish each of them and get them sewn together into a top.  


I will likely make sewing machines and other sewy things to go between the rows.  I am thinking of pulling blocks from my Quilter's Garden pattern but don't want to get too crazy with it.


#5 Cherry Fizz Bloom - Goal is a complete finish.  It just needs borders and then sent off to the quilter.



#5 Gingerbread Square - These will take forever and are just meant to be hand work while traveling.  There is no way I will shoot to finish them in 2023.  Maybe I could get one more done.  There are a total of 9.




Omigosh - this one is not really a goal I plan to focus on too much.  I have no intention of finishing this one this year.  I will do it as a leader/ender.  

One lonely little shoe fly block sits among the other 10 nine patch blocks.  It has a long long way to go.





2 comments:

  1. I love your foundation piecing projects. You've got some great projects going this year. And congratulations for having so many UFOs! I made up my list and I had more than 12! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of these I had somehow missed seeing before! I love that row quilt with the sewing machine blocks and your diminutive double 9 patch with the shoo fly is going to be SOOO fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.