Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 30, 2024

My June Chookshed Challenge update

Here I am, the last day of the month, linking up with my own challenge.  I really have sewn a lot this month, but I didn't get around to "Me Without You" until two days ago.  I just kept tetter-tottering on what layout I wanted.  I never really cared for the original designer's layout.  

I drafted up rough cutting instructions.  Yep, that is my pattern.


They came from this computer sketch I drafted.  The blue squares indicate where the embroidered blocks would go.


I started cutting, sewing, and pressing...




... and ended up with these blocks.






The blocks are not all completed yet, but this is the direction I am headed.


I will put a little 1" finished frame around all the girl blocks.  As of now I have only chosen which fabrics to frame each of them in.  I am using blues, yellows, greens, and pinks.



This photo shows how much work is really left.  I am also considering a pieced or applique' border.  It is looking square right now, but I will make it into a rectangle.

I am using the cathedral window, fold back the curve and stitch it down method.  That is why some of the unfinished blocks just have slits of blue color.


This is the designer's layout.  I just wanted something different.  This is my friend Shirley's quilt.





15 Minutes Report














11 comments:

  1. The Cathedral Window style blocks look great with your cute embroidered blocks Go You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have made the quilt your own with your design changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress, I love your version, especially those low volume fabrics. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great design for your quilt....it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this soooo much, Deana! Very creative and very sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do prefer your layout! It is going to be so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that caravan fabric. You always get so much done.
    I think you will be watching some tv in July

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on maintaining the 100%. Since you are still working, that is an achievement! Those alternative blocks are so pretty and they work so well with the embroidery. It's going to be a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout for the embroidered blocks looks lovely.
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are very pretty blocks indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.