Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Happenings, sewing, and caught an organizing bug!

 I don't normally get to attend my local quilt guild because I work.  They meet in the day time.  With my summers off, I decided to attend.  They were making a sewing machine mat which I wanted anyway, so I went.  Many of these ladies have been my friends for years.  It is always great to see them!

This is the mat I made.



Here is a photo of us set up at quilt guild.  Many ladies had gone off to lunch when  I took the photo.




They had a little corner where quilters were giving away things and selling stuff.  I bought a beautiful quilt kit from my friend, Charlotte.  She had decided she would never make it, and I was in love with the fabric.  I may make a different pattern, though.  



She was also giving away patterns.  Look what I ended up with!  I think I will add the cute apron on the bottom left to my girl's Christmas gifts.  Reminiscence is a Baltimore Album type of quilt and the quilted village - well, you know I love buildings.




I dropped by Brenna's house (my first time there) to pick up some fabric she purchased for me.  I was lucky enough to get a tour of her sewing room.  I was in love!!!



Her space was organized, clean, and cute.  It was also small like mine.  I went home inspired! 




 She taught me how she organizes by size and color.  I will post soon on what I have been doing in my sewing room as a result of visiting hers.  I rearranged furniture and started sorting fabric.  Paint is also on my list.



My daughter did a triathlon!  I am so proud of her!  You can watch her video her dad made on youtube here.  

Here are a few photos.

It started with a 5K run.


Next was an 11 mile bike.


She ended with a 300 yard swim.


She is a mother of four, so working for this takes a lot of effort and planning.


We are proud parents!





10 comments:

  1. I love the Reminiscence pattern. About 16-17 years ago, I bought an entire kit for half price and it is one of my ufos. I started it with butcher paper and hand applique. I bought my first Ott table lamp to work on it while babysitting newborn Ava who is 16 now. This can be yet another one we work on together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful you could get to your Guild meeting, your sewing machine mat is fantastic! Your friend has a super organised sewing space - puts mine to shame!! Congratulations to your daughter!! She did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to your daughter - a pat on the back from me! That's a very nifty sewing machine mat, did you have a pattern? I have seen 'Quilted Village' finished, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sewing machine mat looks useful and will look great in your newly organised sewing room! Nice purchases too. Your daughter is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt kit you bought, the fabrics look great. I made myself a machine mat and it is so useful by keeping everything to hand when sewing. Love the fabrics you used. I need to have another sort out/reorganise of my sewing area. It turns into chaos so quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with your sewing room. Congratulations to your daughter on completing the triathlon, a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been really busy! Congrats on daughters triathlon finish! Hope you make some good progress on your stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sewing mat you made. The prairie points are a nice touch. Your daughter is AMAZING! Good for her. I'm proud of her and she isn't even my kid LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super congrats to your daughter! That takes a lot of self discipline, especially when you are a Mum! Does she get that drive from you? :)

    ReplyDelete

  9. gorgeous sewing mat! that is a good start to keeping organised. Gorgeous re homed items. I love that baltimore and houses quilt. Look forward to seeing them being made.
    Beautiful fabrics in the kit, can see why you couldn't resist.
    Well done to your Daughter! Great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kudos to your daughter...no doubt wrangling 4 littles prepared her well...lol! nice kit, drooling here. so great to be inspired to organization by others examples...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.