Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 30, 2024

July Chookshed Challenge Number



Number  one was chosen by Google random number generator for July, so look up that list you made in January and go find your project.  We got this.  Remember,  we only go through October. 




My number one is my Laundry Basket Spring Mystery from 2023.  I did it with Janice and I believe she finished all the applique' at Scrub Stitchin' this year.  Mine needs lots of hand stitching and some more glue basted pieces.  The funny thing is, I have been prepping other applique' for a road trip I will be taking in July.  Now I want to take this instead.

The top left quarter is complete. Some hand applique in the top right is done, but it needs more glue basting as does all of the bottom half.

This project was a mystery. Since I don't like to use my favorite fabrics on a mystery, I chose the batik background from my stash that didn't have a home.  It was the perfect yardage. The other pieces were brights from my stash. I like it ok for a stash quilt, but I LOVE Janice's.  Check it out at this link.

The goal is to complete all the applique. It is good school is out so I have more sewing time. I guess I will be watching lots of movies in June.




What is your #1?  Here is a linky party for you to share what you will be working on.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




So let's review our June challenge progress as a whole group.  I will continue to update this project list as blog posts come in.

2 Quilt finishes (Narelle, Jeanette)
2 Christmas Stockings (Sue)
Ornaments (Pam)
Basket covering (Maria)
Blocks made (Jenny @Bird on the Border, Rose Marie, Susan, Deana)
Crochet (Lianne)
Embroidery/Stitchery (Christine)
Stash organizing (Grace)
Cutting (Lianne)
Applique' (Lou, Jocelyn)
Sashiko (Lyndsey, Jo)
Thank You Cards (Narelle)


Links to participants: 

Deana - You are here!
Jo 
Narelle - Pins and Whiskers - in her left sidebar

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Deanna. Wow, you are going to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your mystery version, Deana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Laundry Basket Mystery quilt worked out beautifully. Maybe it's now what you would have chosen if you knew the design up front, but it's gorgeous. Good luck with goals for July.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.