Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

End of June Chookshed Challenge Linky and other happenings

 


For you amazing ladies who always finish your challenge number early, the linky is ready and open below.  Great job!  The new number will be out in less than a week!  



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
As for myself, I will have to post my link right at the end because I am behind.  I have been playing with family and barely got some fabrics figured out and a design.

Me Without You has only had "planning" done so far this month.


I pulled my very pale blues and yellows from the collection.  I feel like the piecing can overwhelm the embroidery if it is too bold.


This photo is poor lighting - sorry. It really doesn't show you my idea at all, but I plan to put a small frame around each block in the pale yellows and blues, followed by a white applique' frame that will be curvy.  They will have a final setting in the blue floral.  Trust me, it should end up better than it looks.

Will I get it done this week?  Not!


I did get the cute little farm quilt done in time for the baby shower!







My daughters did a great job planning it.


We all put iron-on decals on onesies for her.  They were fun and cute!






Here is a sweet story written by baby's great grandma who took many years to finish his baby quilt.  It is a story maybe some of us can relate to.




2 comments:

  1. I like your plan for Me Without You, that's going to be very pretty. Love the note that came with Great Grandma's quilt. I can definitely relate! Looks like a very fun baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout for your challenge blocks.
    Fun Baby Shower and lovely letter from her grandmother
    Perfect quilt for the new baby…
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.