Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Mid-Month Check in & new projects on the "future TO DO" list.

Tea Party:

I was browsing blogs and fell in love with Tea Party from Wendy's Quilts and More Blog.  I love everything about it so much that I ordered it.  It arrived in a surprisingly fast manner all the way from Australia.  I did not get the kit, but I do love the fabrics. I don't know what fabrics I'll use yet, but look at these delicious sets I received in the mail recently. 

I won the jelly roll at the Panguitch Retreat.  The fat q's are Lori Holt.



In Panguitch, My friend, Brenna, was working on the cute dresdon block below.  I am in love!  I straight away ordered the ruler.  It has not arrived yet.  Yes, I have been a very bad girl!


Just look at the little Gingham Dresdons with the stars in the middle.  I ordered the ruler from Missouri Star Quilt Company. 




Also at the Panguitch Quilt Walk Retreat, I fell in love with some fabric a lady was sewing.  Further inspection revealed it was Tula Pink's Everglow Collection.  I got right on Etsy and purchased a half yard bundle of the animal print - my favorites.  While there, I won "Vendor Bucks" - $20.00.  I had been eyeing the whole fat quarter bundle from this collection, but decided it was more than I wanted to spend.  After winning the money, I decided to go for it.  Look at the little fish in the water with the hippos and the cute flowers on the elephant's behind!







I am keeping my eyes out for a great pattern that will show off these prints and not distract from them.




I found this kit of Tilda prints for 50% off.  I didn't love the quilt on the pattern, but I loved the fabric.  (Kit pattern discarded).  I decided they will be perfect for my Ella Maria Deacon Quilt that will likely be a block of the month for myself in 2025.  I went ahead and ordered other Tilda prints to go with it.  I plan to use  solid white background which I already have in my stash.


Another angle, just incase you needed another look.




Ella Maria Deacon Pattern



Yes, a bad girl am I, but a very happy bad girl.  Here are some other recent purchases...

The low volumes will go in my stash.  The others?  I have not decided yet.



The background fabric in the Tilda kit was a denim colored blue.  I used it for my barnyard background.  Love these cute little animals.









They are a quilt top now!






Finished another quilt top!




Chookshed Challenge Mid-Month Linky Party is sbelow.  How are you doing in June?  Mine is still in the same place it has been for a year.  I hope to get to it this week.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

  1. Love the farm yard quilt top. Oh my that is a lot of stash acquisition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow some hunka gorgeous new stash there....drooling here...and love your animals quilt top...you are one busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much lusciousness in this post!! Isn't it fun to be a 'happy bad girl' when it comes to purchasing lots of gorgeous fabrics?? The gingham dresden block is fabulous and as for your quilt with those sweet barnyard animals; it's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of gorgeous fabrics, Deana.....love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW. Such delicious fabrics. Well you have enough to keep you busy next year. They are all so beautiful. That Dresden is very cute. I haven’t seen that pattern before. The Lori Holt bundle could suit TEA PARTY. I’m sure you will find something to suit those fancy animals.
    I haven’t started my #10 yet. Been busy with Farmers Wife and Kawandi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The barnyard animals are so cute! Your tea pot quilt is really fun too. Sometimes you just really have to do a stash refresh, you've added some very fun collections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very bad girl but oh how lovely they all are! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! All those gorgeous fabrics! I love the new pattern you bought. Thise barnyard animals are very cute. You have been a very busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last comment was me...Ondrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes :-)) I want to look again... what materials... a dream, a long dream... and joy in the heart. I like Tula Pink fabrics. Tilda fabrics and Tea Party... yes :-)))
    Your farm top is adorable.
    And the quilt with jugs and cups is really nice.
    Congratulations - well done... super!
    Greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did buy interesting fabric and patterns, but look what you have finished also. Win-win in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so many delicious fabrics and I’m going to enjoy seeing what you make with them all.
    Cute Farm Yard quilt and great tea cup and tea oats quilt too.
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.