Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 12, 2024

To Do Tuesday and Chookshed Challenge Mid-Month Check-in

Chookshed Challenge Mid-Month Check-in linky is below.  Let us know what kind of progress is going on in your sewing room.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


As for me, Elsa is finally done and Anna is half way there.  Hopefully I can do Merida as well this month and maybe some castle planning to set them in.  The eyes are the most tedious.


 

As indicated in my quilt journal, I have not done much on this in 2024.





To Do Tuesday

Well, school starts this week - tomorrow actually.  I suppose I am ready.  I will say that teaching school is like housework.  There is always more you can do.

What do I think I can accomplish on the sewing front this week?

Here is my To Do Tuesday List:

1.  Finish Anna

2. Piece two yellow flowers

3. Prep some Me Without You border applique'

I have one side fused and three more to go.  On large applique' pieces such as these, I like to trim away the middle so it is not so stiff.






4.  Make some Omigosh blocks

5. Assemble Witch Skirt

6. Assemble Pumpkin

7. Some Vesta paper piecing

I finished another 5 blocks.  Once I get another five done, I will show of photo of them all together.

Look at how cute a whole quilt out of these blocks would be.





8. Begin cutting Jewel of the Caribbean setting blocks.  I am planning the same layout as Me Without You.


I have been walking in the mornings this summer.  Today was cool and drizzly.  The temperature was very nice.  Here are my walking buddies.  There was a beautiful rainbow that the camera didn't catch.



I received my magnetic seam gages in the mail and look forward to using them.


A sweet new grand baby will be here soon.  Here is his momma at a baby shower given by the ladies at her church.  It is a tiny little congregation comprising all women and men much older than my son and his wife.  They are so excited to get  little one to love at church on Sundays.

I think it is so sweet of them to give her a shower.

My niece is working for the same ranch and goes to church with them.  She is on the left.






5 comments:

  1. You've been moving along with so many projects this year. Hope the first few days of school go smoothly and you get a nice start to the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics in the blue and yellow blocks. Those are going to make a gorgeous quilt. I had to go back to the top and make sure that your list really is for one week! You have a lot going on. I'm cheering for you over here LOL. Hope you have a wonderful school year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word - you do get so much done - even when working ...as always - love the Disney princesses.
    Your new grand baby is going to get so many cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures from the baby shower! Yes, they do all look just as happy and excited as the mama-to-be! Your Vesta blocks look fantastic. And I love that analogy, so true that with teaching and housework there is no such thing as 100% finished. You just have to prioritize what's most important, try to hit the big stuff, and be okay with what you didn't get to at the end of the day or you'll never find any peace or joy in it. Those students are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great progress on all your projects.
    Oh the new baby will be very loved with all the ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.