Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 11, 2024

What is on my design wall and 15 minutes report

What's currently on my design wall?  Fishy Business and witch blocks.  Her skirt is ready to sew together.



This month we will make the witch's hat unit, 4 Shoo-Fly blocks, a pumpkin, 6 Magic Stars, and 18 Twinkle Stars.  I have them cut out and in zipper pockets inside my new bag.  Sewing them up after school will be easier with them pre-cut.




I am one month behind on my fish.  Here is my quilt journal page showing where that stands.  Aqua is July and Orange just came out for August.  The fish that are missing from my design wall still need to be hand appliqued.



Look at this cute denim quilt a friend bound at quilt group last week.  She has made it out of cotton and denim.


She also showed me a seam allowance magnet she brought.  I went straight away and ordered me one.


Look what I received in the mail all the way from Maria in Australia!!  I am so excited!  I have been admiring her basket.  She finished it and sent me her pattern.
Thank you, Maria!


Here is another page in my bag holding my "Let's Bake" block.  I have it ready to do the machine applique' next time I get a machine out to do it.




My Quilt Journal kind of shows you the progress I have been making on this quilt.  


I fill in the little hearts when they are done.  





I am still holding onto 100% - yay!







5 comments:

  1. Congrats on keeping the 100%. You've done so well with all that you have going on to keep stitching every day. Your quilt journal is just beautiful! Congrats on all the progress so far this year. August is almost half over, how does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very bright and colourful design wall. Lovely of Maria to send you the pattern for her basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of Maria to send you her pattern all the way from Australia. No pressure, but when will you get started?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how organized you are with your quilt journal. Your fish blocks are super cute and I'm excited to watch your witch quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt journal is amazing, I would be looking at it rather than sewing! Well done on making the 100% still. Your design wall looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.