Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

To Do Tuesday & recent family adventures!


Last time's goals:


1. Finish log cabin $BB blocks ✔

2. Make witch stars 


3. Cut pine tree 
4. Sew Pine Tree 
5. Sew Floral Bag block 
6. Sew Lemon Star block 
7. Sew Star Puzzle block 
NOTE:  There was a mess up on the tree.  I had forgotten that I was supposed to use white fabric and stump fabric mailed to me.  I will be making another out of the right fabrics.  Oops.


8. Plan fabric for the Pucker Up Project Tote Bag - class I am taking next week 

9. Plan fabric for the "Place for Everything" bag - class I am taking next week 

10. Catch up blogging all my late adventures and read/comment on my favorite blogs ✔ (MOSTLY)

This week's goals:

Finish teapot quilt top

Bind my bag

Bind bag pages

Vesta circles glue basted - each block needs 7 circles appliqued on them.  I plan to get them all glue basted and then keep them in the hand stitching bag for times when I travel or just sit.




Vesta copies made for June paper pieced blocks

Finish cake recipe - it is further than this, but I like this photo.



Cut rr blocks - 1 oopsie tree and another one.  I put them in my June bin.

4 princess units - probably Elsa



Plan me Without you layout 



Plan extra bag pages - more on this in a later post

Make a decision on my mixer block. I am wondering if it is cute enough. I think it needs to be in a bolder color because I want it to be a focal point in my quilt. The other issue is it needs to match ric rac I already have for the electrical cord. Decisions, decisions. If I change the fabrics, I will make this one anyway into a pillow or something. 





Family birthday party for our 3 year old little man.  The theme was race cars.  The siblings, mom, and dad had their pit crew shirts on.  There were custom racing cookies, balloons, decorations, food - all racing related!


Little sister playing in the sand box.





Another outing with some of the grands (2 are missing).  It was a burn out competition.  My son-in-law, brother-in-law, and nephew participated and even won.  Hubby was in the pit.






Grandma birthday outing with three little boys.  
This one turned 3.


The twins turned 4.



Grandma took them to the town pool, the park, and a place where they could hold sweet puppies.





Little boys and puppies are the BEST!!!






10 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Lots if stitching and family time with your grandchildren. Love the boys and puppies photos. Don't they want go take one home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what adorable little faces all around...you are so blessed deana...and how do you get so much sewing done while working too? a sewing tornado is what you are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun party, for sure! Well done on the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many projects! Gorgeous family photos especially the boys with the puppies, so so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of ticks there!! And beautiful blocks, when do you sit down I wonder? Seems you are always on the move!! Wonderful photos of the grands, they are so cute with the puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly don't let any grass grow under your feet or cobwebs to start on your sewing machine! Busy lady!! You're right- children and puppies are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made my day with the grands and the pups! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got so much done on your to do list. Good luck with this week's list. Love the family photos. That last picture of the boys with the puppies is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many projects you worked on and great family outings as well.
    Did the little boys what to take their puppies home?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of fun times with the kids and sewing on some great projects..........

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.