Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 4, 2024

15 Minutes and March goals

Plans for March:


There are a few things I hope to accomplish in the sewing room this March. These are in addition to my Chookshed Challenge #4 and One Monthly Goal. They are mostly BOMs.


Make the Wellington Boat Shed row for my NZ/Aussie Memory Quilt.  These should have been done in February, so I am trying to catch up.  Here is the paper piecing pattern I created.  


Here is a real photo of what I am trying to replicate.


Piece the Moda Love blocks and my friends' campers in the Camp Cypress, Baradine Camp Ground.  Here is a pattern I purchased for it.  I plan to remove the surf board and change the tree.





Make two purple fish for the rainbow scrap challenge.


Piece my $ Building Block of the Months.  Here is a glimpse of the cute journal pages I made for all four of them:


It is a "create your fabric from bitty bits" type of a block.  I plan to make wonky houses with the roofs made out of the bitty bits.  One block will be a pineapple made out of them.  Here is my pineapple design.


Journal pages I will fill in as I go...





For the Let's Bake Block of the Month I hope to make a jar of jam, a jar of honey, table cloth, and a mason jar used as a flower vase.  They are all Lori Holt patterns.  I am making these in leu of some hand embroidered flowers in gingham.  I liked them better.


Make three round robin blocks.  One is a car applique', another is an Americana fabric star, the other is sort of like a pineapple log cabin block.  They are laid out in the photo below along with my Chookshed March projects in their bags.








I didn't link up last week because it was short with no time to sew on the weekend.

This week I hope to:

1.  Make all four of my $ building blocks 
2.  Make three round robin blocks


I have continued to keep my sewing room organized by only getting out the exact parts of the projects I hope to accomplish in this week.
  

And here they are neatly stacked in the rack...



What are your sewing plans for the week?











12 comments:

  1. Wow Deana, you are very organised there!! Love your Wellington boat houses and blocks, your journal pages are cute too. I am sure you will meet your targets this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I can’t believe you are so organised

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of stitching for this month. Good luck! I love the plan for the row of boat sheds. You've got some fun projects to work on this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Wellington Boat Houses…
    Can’t believe how organised you are.
    Good luck with all your projects this month.
    I’m pleased to have done my monthly blocks and I’m working on#4 challenge
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot of projects planned, but you are so well organized, so I think that you have got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very organised, I love the Wellington boat houses I am sure you will achieve your goals

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal pages are cute. It looks like you will have a very busy month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your sewing plans cant wait to see it all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Wellington Boatsheds brought back memories to me. I worked in Wellington City for some years, when I lived in the Hutt Valley, but now live about 100km away as we have moved to Levin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I thought that I set myself lofty goals. Wowsa! You do have a lot on your plate. Just piecing the beach huts would fill my month. I will be cheering you on to get them all done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, what can I say... I LOVE your printables!! You've done such a good job with them! Your beach huts are perfect, I'm looking forward to seeing them in fabric! Thanks for joining in on Monday this and That and I hope you had a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.