Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 29, 2024

March Chookshed 2024 Challenge




The random number selected by Google for March is #4.


My number 4 is to start Cross My Heart and cut out my Chicken Soup quilt.  Since I double up my Chookshed Challenge number with my One Monthly Goal, I think I'll set my One Monthly Goal to make all of the blocks for Cross my Heart.  It is cut and ready to get sewing.






As I recall, several group members chose to do a panel quilt or project for their #4.  It will be fun to see those panel projects become something fun and beautiful throughout the month.  My Chicken Soup is also a panel; hence, it was added to my #4 back in December.  I wanted to be a part of what everyone else was working on.



Wow!  Another successful month filled with many goal accomplishments from a fabulous group of ladies!


I counted:

  • 6 completed quilts (Sue, Maria, Christine, Janice)
  • 4 completed mini quilts (Susan, Pam)
  • 7 tops done (Di, Lianne, Kim, Jenny, Hanne, Sue, Deana)
  • 5 hanging sleeves (Rose Marie)
  • 2 completed cushions (Karen)
  • 1 completed table runner (Denise)
  • 1 quilt basted (Laura)
  • completed pot holder (Grace)
  • stitchery progress (Jo)
  • 1 Christmas Table Topper (Michell)
  • 1 candle mat (Hanne)
  • lots of sewing progress and goals met from everyone else which involved EPP (Lou), yarn work (Narelle), organizing (Chris, Jenny), piecing blocks (Jeanette, Grace, Jenny, Jocelyn, Laura, Lyndsey, Michell, Chris), applique' (Sylvia), and quilting (Pam).
I will update this list as more posts come in.

What is your Number 4 for March.  Feel free to link up and show us.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Links to participants: 

Deana - You are here!
Jo 
Narelle - Pins and Whiskers - in her left sidebar


16 comments:

  1. Yah! #4 is Lucy. I got cortisone shots in my hands last week and Lucy and I are spending time together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found my number 4 up ready to go. Looks forward to seeing your cross my heart quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I picked a panel too...it is a picture of beach houses (bathing boxes??)...on top of the rest of my To Do's...it WILL be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Chicken soup panel, will be a great quilt.
    Roll on #4!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your #4 look like two fun projects to work on.
    My #4 is to “ start a new project” I really want to get a quilt cut ready to take to our annual retreat in Aug and may find another one to do???
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks like it'll be a fun project for March. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your March goals! Go Deana! If you was here right now, you would hear me laughing out loud, shaking my head and telling myself I can do it too.
    My #4 is Raspberry Tea Quilt and there are a lot of work on it too. It has been hidden in plain sight for years...... I will also have to finish #3 which should be mailed off by right before Easter to arrive as a gift for someone special in my life. Go you and I!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Goals Deanna. No panel for me, but I do have to get a scrap quilt quilted and bound. Now to decide which one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great progress all around...i did more than a potholder....two small quilt tops, a throw size top, a couple of stacks of 9-patch blocks too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are going to have fun with your projects this month! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have two fun projects for March. Hopefully you'll have spring break this month that will allow a little extra quilting time. Or is your spring break not till April?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried to link up to your post on my finish for February--mine is #8 marching along--but for whatever reason my blog site doesn't come up--I also did the January challenge but only posted that on my blog site-sorry!!
    Thanks for doing this challenge--have a great day--hugs, diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sadly I had no progress at all on last month's... but I will keep it by my machine and try to do some this month... I'll be posting about that and what my #4 is later today... Thanks for hosting this for us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is rather exciting waiting for the next number. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone gets up to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quite by chance I started working on this number in March..... What good luck that was...... Didn't get a great deal done but I did work on blocks for Chapel Street...... Mostly cutting.....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.