Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Chookshed Stitcher's Challenge - February Number is here

 


The random number selected by Google for February is #2.


My number 2 is Celestial Star. I hope to get the top done!
One more block needs to be made, elephants need to be embroidered, top assembly done, and borders.  I think I can do this!

This will also be my One Monthly Goal for February.  I may as well double up, right?



I began this at a class I took at a local retreat April 2023.  It will be good to be finished before it rolls around again.





If you would like to link a post to tell us about your #2, the party is below.  There is also a link list of all participants.  If I have missed someone on the list or if you are new to joining, please let me know.  The number 6 was used in January.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

I checked through blogs and found pretty much everyone on the list  reported progress on #6.  I think the participation is great!!

I counted:

  • 7 completed scrub stitchin' bags (me, Raewyn, Jenny, Sue, Jo, Janice, Lianne)
  • 6 Tops done (Lynsey, Rose Marie, Jenny, Silvia, Narelle)
  • 3 completed other bags (Susan, Karen, Maria)
  • 2 completed quilts (Jeanette, Denice)
  • 1 completed stitchery (Hanne)
  • 1 completed knitted sweater (Jenny)
  • 1 completed Santa (Laura)
  • lots of sewing progress and goals met from everyone else which involved hand quilting (Jocelyn), wedding headpiece - garter - bridal hanger (Christine) applique' (Grace), organizing (Joy, Sharm), piecing blocks (Kim, Chooky, Michell), cutting (Lou), crazy patch stitching (Chris), and stitchery (Sharm).  
  • Sadly, a couple of group members are having technical difficulties with Blogger (Lynda, and Katie)


Links to participants: 

Deana - You are here!
Jo 
Narelle - Pins and Whiskers - in her left sidebar




13 comments:

  1. I'll watch your progress on your EPP. I pulled my Celestial Stars pattern out to have a look at requirements.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I am excited about #2 or not. Ha, ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful quilt that you're working on. It's going to be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 will check my list . Your Celestial Stars will be a lovely one to work on.
    The ladies all did really well with their #6 challenge.
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Deana - you are putting so much into this - its great...Thanks for the number!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm i hope i have a finished top by months end. It's my Schoolgirl Sampler quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #2 is perfect for me, as it is my deadline project for February from the beginning 😊
    Your quilt in the making is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun quilt. Good luck with your plans for #2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stars are beautiful!
    I have to change up a number so I am switching my original #2, finishing a medallion center for a quilt with #5, the basket finish for retreat. I know there is time between now and April to finish the baskets but I am dealing with a back issue and can't sit for long. Who knows, if things loosen up I can work the switched number.
    Thanks for doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Celestial Star is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Celestial Star blocks are gorgeous ... I better go check what my #2 is :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all in favor of doubling up. Your quilt looks gorgeous so far. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.