Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

350 Blocks Challenge & PHD Challenge

I am participating in the 350 blocks challenge by Prairie Moon again this year.

Jan blocks made: 27

Total YTD blocks made: 27


Cinderella -counts as 4 blocks because it is tiny tiny piecing



3 round robin blocks



1 Celestial Star



13 Flower Blocks

1 Embroidery block for Scrub Stitchin' bag

1 block added in for making the bag

4 $ Building Blocks (pineapple log cabins)




PHD Challenge - End of January Report



As you can see from the yellow cells, I worked on a total of 11 of my started projects.  That alone is a great accomplishment, plus, it kept variety in my sewing room.

I had one finish - scrub stitchin' bag.

I started two new projects:  Aussie/NZ and Blooms of Color.  The Aussie quilt will be like a BOM with me making new sections each month all year.  The blooms of color just needs borders and quilting.


This is the way I read this list from the perspective of my PHD:  
  • The black ones are the focus.  I only have six WIPs that need to be done this year.
  • The blue ones are UFOs meaning they are long term projects that will take more than a year to complete.
  • The pink are BOMs and don't really count because they progress a little each month and won't be finished this year because of when they end.  There are four exceptions:  7,8,9, & 10 will become WIPs in Aug/Sept because the BOM will end at that time.  They will need to be finished by the end of 2024.
  • The red are new starts and must be finished this year.  My red one will move to green soon because it is almost finished.










Also linking up with Jennifer's  Wednesday Wait Loss

6 comments:

  1. Wow you have some list there to do. But you are making great progress. Love Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. No. 2 … I get to start my stitchery months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotten off to a great start for 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your PHD progress in January! You've made a great start. :o) Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work tracking your progress on your different projects. I love switching back and forth when I can because it keeps it interesting. Just love your Cinderella! My she has a lot of pieces. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. We've missed you!
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! Wonderful tracking.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.