Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 31, 2018

Best of 2018!

I have so enjoyed blog hopping this past week.  I rarely have the time to do so because I work full time and then come home and sew fast and hard at night.  This week has been wonderfully relaxing with family and free time!

Here is my favorite photo of the year!  It features all of my 2018 quilt finishes that were still available for a group photo.  I blogged about it here.




As I have browsed around blogland, I really enjoyed visiting blogs on the "Best of 2018" linky party hosted by Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs.  I have decided to join in the fun with this post. 

#1  2018 Most Page Views = Santa Top Done, Quilting, and Piecing.  This post had 1,120 page views.  Wow!

I was surprised that this post had so many page views.  It features three quilts.  One is a finished Christmas top, the next is some boring parts of a huge Medallion quilt, and the last one is some machine quilting in progress with basting stitches still showing.  I far prefer the end results of all three as shown in the photo below.



#2 2018 Tie for Most Comments (16) = Yay! Yay! Yay! I have another finish! 

This post featured a Stash Bee finish along with journals of and links to my online linky parties including:  PHD challenge, 15 Min to Stitch, and To Do Tuesday.  I will continue to join these groups in the upcoming year.

Below is a sneak peek. You can see the full finish at the linked post.




#3 Other Half of the Tie for Most Comments = Deana's Sliced Quilt Top Challenge is Done!




Funny thing is that I decided I didn't even like the layout of this quilt, so I ended up picking off the bottom border and paper piecing a gazillion more of those houses that I had a love/hate relationship with.  The ACTUAL finished top is linked here.  A Flimsy that has been Waiting for 16 Years!





Now, doesn't that look so much better?  I am SEW GLAD I decided to make more houses and get the look I really wanted for this quilt.  This quilt has a great story behind how it came about.  You can check out posts on it at this link.



#4 My second favorite 2018 post = A Few Things are Progressing Here

Oh how I love those bees and flowers!  They were just as much a joy to piece as they were to finish!  This post also features my daughter's darling Owl quilt that we did as a family round robin as well as my Quilter's Garden quilt loaded on the basting frames.




#5 My personal favorite 2018 post = End of the Month and Still Sewing on Goals

I just love that "Up on the Housetop" quilt SEW MUCH!  It was fun to make and fun to display.  I also love love love seeing those finished house blocks although I really did not enjoy making them.  The barn quilt was a joy because my kids at school made them in a quilting class I taught.






I am also linking up with:

Beth's Monday Making


Tish's UFO Busting

4 comments:

  1. You've been very productive. I love the quilt #3 (it's the first time I'm seeing it). Such gorgeous color mix and motifs! And you're right, it looks even better with houses all around. I love the Santa too! 🥂Happy New Year!🥂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Love the Santa quilt and LOVE LOVE LOVE those bees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun to look back on the quilts you have made. Love the reindeer

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are great posts! I'm glad you played along with the best of party, because somehow I don't remember catching the final Sliced Quilt top. I LOVE how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.