Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Deana: Santa top done, quilting, and piecing

Yay Yay!  I turned "Up on the Housetop" into a Flimsy!  I just love this quilt so much.  Not only do I like how cute the Santas and reindeer are, but it was the most fun quilt I've made in a long time.


The legs are 3D and just dangle.  I love them!


This one shows it being loaded onto the quilt frames.





I have also been piecing a little on Justin's Medallion.  I have arranged them this way for fun, but this is not at all how they will end up in the quilt.




I also got the outline quilting done on this one as well as half of the border.  I have been sewing hard after work this week because I won't get a Saturday sew day this week.  Instead I will be playing with my little grand baby.

Sorry that the basting stitches are still showing.





I am linking up with:

Freemotion by the River
Esther's WOW
Let's Bee Social
Moving it Forward Monday
Needle and Thread Thursday
Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I get a Whoop Whoop?
Finished or Not Friday

5 comments:

  1. Cute Santas! You should be done in plenty of time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the legs (and other 3-D elements) work on your Housetop quilt - very clever!! A fun little challenge for quilting I guess. Lovely quilting, I look forward to seeing more of this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun will that Santa quilt be.. playing with the legs. Kicking up a storm.. very cute.. Enjoy the grandy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas quilt - those reindeer are so cute. Thanks for linking to Sew Stitch Snap SHARE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those santas and reindeer are just too cute! What a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.