Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 22, 2018

Deana: I am so glad to have this done...

I have my second finish of the year!  Yay!  I will be linking up with my challenge groups:

18 in 2018


1st Quarter Finish Along and  my original goal list

Patchwork Times UFO Challenge and #10 on my original numbered list
PHD Challenge @Quilting Gail
One Monthly Goal

I have had to really force myself to quilt on this the last couple of days.  I think we sometimes just get that itch to finish and move on.  Machine quilting is something I do to save money paying someone else to do it, but it isn't my favorite thing to do.  I am pleased with how it has turned out, although it is far from perfect.  I hope Felicity is happy with it.

I designed this quilt as part of a family mystery quilt project.  They were all asked to make any block of their choice - 5 of them in a certain finished size.  Felicity chose a woodsy theme with machine applique'.  As I studied the pattern, I realized that we could make a very minor adjustment and turn a border section into pine trees.  I think this design idea really added to her quilt.

























I am SO EXCITED  to have a whole week left in the month to work on something fun.  Hmm...what will I choose to do?

Linky Parties:

Freemotion by the River
Moving it Forward Monday
Monday Making
Freemotion Maveriks


9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo. It looks gorgeous. Have fun now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Yay Yay!!!! Yes, the tree adjustment was perfect for this - I love the effect creating the negative trees outside that border, too. Man, I know how you felt with that end-stage quilting. I was forcing myself, too, on the Sapphire Star Mystery. I just got the binding all attached. Need to sew the other side down now (it's flanged with fabric from an actual uniform shirt, so that's a machine work task, thankfully). I wish I could use this week for "elective" quilting work! My OMG was not a UFO, so now I need to try getting my #10 finished up in the week. . . we'll see how far I get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your link this week to Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done another great job with the quilting. It has made the quilt fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Choose your week of freedom project wisely (or not wisely at all - have fun).
    Machine quilting is so much not my favourite thing to do that I will HAPPILY pay someone (anyone) else to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job - so many little details to enjoy all through this finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Deana,
    The quilting motifs are delightful. Having the woodland theme has really given you an opportunity to be creative. I especially like the reeds at the water's edge.
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice quilt. I love the theme, the woodlands. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.