Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 4, 2024

June PHD Update, Shop Hop with friends, Grands Birthday Trip

Our Quilt Group created our own Shop Hop:

We met up and all got into one Suburban at 8:00 am then drove over the mountain for 2 hours to Paisley Patch Quilts.  It was an adorable shop that had lovely displays which sucked you in.  I picked up an Amish Quilt puzzle and half yards of a couple of low volumes.  I wished I had taken photos inside this cute shop.



Those in attendance were Phyllis, Brenna, Kalynn, me, Julie, Theresa, and Amy.  We had such a lovely visit - sew sew fun!

The shop owner, Marsha, was kind enough to take our photo.




Next stop was through another short canyon to EZ-PZ Quilt and Sew.  This shop owner, Lynda, opens up her basement shop to us.  She does amazing long arm work and hand applique.  She had a nice variety with a specialty in Lori Holt collections.  I went to one of her retreats last spring and will attend another in the fall.  I purchased half yards of some Lori Holt low volumes, some Lori Holt colored pieces, and 4 yards of a wonderful vintage cooking themed piece (bottom right).  It will be a border or backing on my Let's Bake Quilt.

My friend, Kalynn, also brought me the Duck Duck Goose pattern.  I want to make baby quilts for my to grandsons coming in the fall and at Christmas.



The third stop was lunch.  I cannot remember the name of the place but it was super yummy and a manly decore' that looked rustic.  The table legs were made out of tire rims.  A couple of us had chicken enchiladas, a couple had pizza, and others had BLT sandwich.  Yummy!



Next we were off to the Corn Wagon Quilt Co.  This place is one we had all visited multiple times before while the other shops were new to us.  It is in the cutest building with a main floor, two upper levels reached by two different stair cases, a downstairs, and a separate building for quilt classes.  Since my friend Chris in Canada has now got me hooked on Tilda prints, I had to buy the whole fat quarter set of her new spring collection.  I also purchased a stop border in pink, a final border, and binding.  Do I know what pattern I will make - not at all.  I also picked up some ric rac for my Lori Holt quilt.



Loving the wall quilt in the entry with low volumes, blue corner stones, and yellows, oranges, and pinks.



The last stop was Harmony.  Some of the quilters dubbed it the "Hippy" store.  There were many wild patterns and bright colors including Tula Pink fabrics and a large selection of wool applique' threads and wool.  This shop prides itself on stocking unusual fabrics.  I picked up some more low volume pieces and a piece to go in my Tula animals quilt.

Sadly, we didn't have time for the last two shops since our driver wanted to beat rush hour traffic.  We had planned on going to the Sewing Basket and the Quilter's Crossing.  I will put them on my list for another next trip.








June PHD Update:



To date, I have finished every new start in 2024 and finished 3 UFO's.  That means I have 9 more UFO's to go.  I got this.


This chart shows every single project I have that is started, their classification, finish date, and which ones I actually worked on in June (in yellow).  The green and black ones need to be finished this year to earn my PHD (Projects Half Done).  I will also have to complete numbers 7-10 when those BOMs finish the end of August.  I also have to finish one more:  options are a blue one or wonky houses.



Fun with grands:


These two got a birthday trip together with Grandma.  They are cousins.  We went to the Dinosaur Museum, hiked to a real dinosaur footprint on the desert, the wave pool, bowling, lazer tag, arcade, and crocket course.  It was a blast!  It was a two day trip.  All of my grands get a birthday trip instead of a gift.  We make lasting memories together.  Since these two turned 7, they are old enough to get excited and even tell Grams what they want to do.








I could not believe how much they loved digging up (brushing off) dinosaur bones.  They both went away from the museum deciding to be archeologists when they grow up.  I thought they would think the museum was boring, but they LOVED IT!  I could hardly get them to leave to go to the wave pool which they also laughed, and laughed, and laughed at!


It was so hot outside that Grams even let them run through the fountain with their clothes on.  It felt great!  Little Cowboy was concerned about ruining his new cowboy boots, but I assured him I would guard them while he played barefoot.



The bowling balls are as big as they are.


We started off on the carousel before moving to the arcade.



They also giggled and giggled at Gram's House in their pj's with glow sticks.









5 comments:

  1. What a delightful birthday trip with two of your grandchildren. Bet you had just as much fun as they didl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the quick shop hop trip. :) Your trip with your grandkids looks fun and your PHD report looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your grandchildren, from Down Under! Lots of fun fabrics for your stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun read! Loved the birthday trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy. Love the build your own shop hop. Looks like lots of fun and now you have more fun bits and pieces for some cool projects. Happy birthday to the grands, looks like they had way too much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.