Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Ta Da - and another completed goal for the Chookshed Challenge!

Elephant Celestial Stars is now a completed top!  This was my Chookshed Challenge #2 and my February One Monthly Goal.  I guess that makes me two for two in 2024.  Hopefully I can keep the momentum.

The nine paper pieced stars have elephant circle appliques in the centers which are outline embroidered to help them be noticed.  The border also features the elephant fabric.  I think the elephant fabric is Australian.  Let me tell you,  it feels SO SO SO NICE!  I purchased it years ago in Moab just because I loved it.  When I took the Celestial Star class at the Price retreat last year, I decided this quilt would be completely from stash.  The colors I used seemed to go with the elephant colors and so this quilt was born.

I suppose I just wasn't up to making any more of these blocks and wanted it done.  Square shaped just didn't feel right, so I added a wide top and bottom border to lengthen it followed by a float border in pink.  The pink is Tula Pink and actually has little safety pins all over it - GOTTA LOVE THAT!  Next was the elephant border - love it!

The backing and binding still need to be pieced and quilting of course.

Here it is, although the lighting is not so good tonight.  Perhaps I will replace the photo with a better one tomorrow.






I am conflicted.  The colors really are fitting for my 5 year old grand daughter; however, I don't think she will be able to see the elephants on it at all.   She has albinism which affects her vision.  She cannot even see pencil lines on a piece of paper.  Maybe I will show it to her when it is quilted and see how she reacts to it before I decide.

Look at this cute quilt planner I made. I was completely inspired by Joy at Days Filled With Joy Blog.  I fell in love with her planner and decided to make my own.  I designed two pages for every quilt I have in progress right now.




I am linking up with the end of February Chookshed Challenge linky and One Monthly Goal.








14 comments:

  1. Well done Deana, it is a beautiful quilt. I hope your granddaughter can see it ok and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Elephants in the centre of the stars…Great finish Deana.
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous. It's amazing how varied the blocks are, seeing they are all from the same pattern. I do hope your granddaughter can see it. Clever you to make your planner pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - it looks great, Deana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done all finished. Love the elephants too.The quilt planner is very cool as well,you have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Deana! This is a great finish! The quilt planner will be a wonderful keepsake, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The planner is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's not to love about elephants! Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely, lovely finish. The planner idea is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done it's a lovely quilt, the planner loks great too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun finish! The elephant border finishes it off beautifully. Your planner is really fun too. I've tried to stick with a planner and I just keep coming back to my Excel file.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh lovely planner pages! Love them! I am sure they will help you stay organized! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's another lovely quilt......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.