Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

15 Minutes and To Do Tuesday

To Do Tuesday:

Last week's goals:


1. Cut and sew the rest of the Chevron Braid Round Robin blocks into rectangles X

2. Piece some of Cinderella ✔

She has part of one eye, lips, hair, and head band.  She is nearly half done.



3. Do a little Spring Mystery hand applique' 

4. Prep seal blocks for applique' ⬓ half done

I still need to prep eyes, mouth, and nose.  They look a little weird right now.




5. Piece some flower blocks 




6. "Move" every day.  What I mean by that is to get a little exercise in whatever form I can fit in. Mostly done - missed 1 day

7. Get some outside time. 

Got to tend my twin grand sons.  They loved playing outside helping us clean up bark and such from the trees my sweetheart cut down.



8. Sew 15 min a day 

9. Daily Journaling 

10. Photo Challenge 

The card was "death".  My husband's brother took this years ago.  The brother built this coffin at a cabinet making shop.  My husband is actually standing up in the photo, and the coffin is too.  I HATE this photo because the idea of it bothers me.  A joke to my husband is not to me.


I was surprised at all the death photos our family sent in this week.  I thought it was a card no one would find anything for.
I shared the death of the tree we cut down last week.



Son-in-Law sent a goose hunt photo.

D1 said this photo represents the death of day as it becomes night.


Son sent the chicken dinner photo.  He made sure to tell us the chicken was dead.

My son sent in his "mid air" photo from last week, late. Someone caught him on camera breaking in a stallion.  He managed to stay in the saddle. My son has been limping around ever since.  You can see his feet came out of the stirrups. Hope he heals up soon.




This week's goals:

1. Finish Cinderella

2. Finish seal block applique' prep

3. Put my sample flower top together complete with border.  I still need to applique' some stems

4. Daily Journaling

5. Outside Time

6. Photo Challenge





15 Minutes & PHD Report











Also linking up with:

11 comments:

  1. Oh my....some of those "death" photos are a bit close to the bone, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coffin, death, photo was a bit strange to me. Hope your son is ok. Your Cinderella block is progressing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! It's always fun to see what everyone comes up with. Congrats on all the stitching time. You've done well on your to do list. The seal blocks are going to be really cute, but yes they do look a bit weird at this stage. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother used to break horses as well--he sported a few injuries! We have those cards but haven't been using them much. I need to get them going again now that the holidays are over. I think it's really fun to do with family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you are organised....not so sure I am keen on the "death" idea, especially the poor geese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are beautiful, I love Cinderella, and these fun seals. Without eyes, they look like ghosts ;)) Lovely scrappy flowers too!
    My favorite photos are yours and the one about the end of the day, quite poetic!
    Thank you for sharing your productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been so busy Deana, love the Princess block under construction and the seals, that is a cute pattern. Interesting collection of photos, not sure I would see the joke if it was my hubby in the coffin either!! Hope your son is healing up ok. Well done with meeting your targets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have got some lovely projects going, particularly like the seals

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was another productive week for you. I love the flower blocks. Your family photo challenge is a really fun thing to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making progress always.......
    Interesting how people interpret a subject.......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.