Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Productive Tuesday and To Do Tuesday

Yesterday I finished the Monster Truck quilt top.  It is off to the quilter along with my Tulip Winner quilt top.  I am hopeful to get it done pretty quick because I have a two year old grandson who will be happy to get it.  He loves Monster Trucks.






Today was a "git er done" day and it feels great!  Because I have recently been machine binding my quilts instead of doing them by hand, I got three bound today!  Hooray!  I only just picked them up from the quilter yesterday.  These are the same three quilts I started at Scrub Stitchin'.

Tulip Garden








Sports Braid





Buggy Barn Flowers






I used up all the rest of the fabric on the back.


It was fun seeing them all rolled up and stacked together.  Awe, finishes smell so sweet!





Furthermore, I sewed up all of week 1 and week 2 blocks for my Spring Mystery BOM.





This Gnome exchange block was completed as well.


To Do Tuesday Linky:

It has been awhile since I have participated in To Do Tuesday.  Here goes...

This week I hope to:

1. Finish Esther

2. Piece another Celestial Star

3. Piece two churches for Color my World

4. Piece two barns for Color My World

5. Sew up some star blocks that are already cut out for my Crazy Quilty Ladies quilt.

6. Cut out my Tula Pink Pineapple quilt kit I purchased a year ago.

7.  Bind the two quilts at the quilter if they return to me this week (she is pretty fast).

8. Make Week 3 Mystery blocks when the pattern is released



I am also linking up with Songbird Designs Monday Musings.

13 comments:

  1. Your Monster Truck quilt is precious and sure to be loved! Good for you on your three bound quilts! Yay! Love that tulip block and quilt! The Sports Braid is quite colorful and your blue border works great with it! Buggy Barn Flowers is such a sweet quilt! Those flowers are so cute! Perhaps your mystery quilt has ore flowers? Very nice blocks! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at your productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monster trucks. I know a wee boy who would love that quilt too. Lots of lovely finished quilts with their binding on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun quilts. That monster truck quilt is perfect for a 2 year old. He'll be so excited. Congrats on the three finishes. I really like the tulip quilt. Good luck with you to do list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll there girl. Gorgeous finishes and Master 2 is going to love his new monster truck quilt when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are all so nice - I have not figured out how to machine stitch binding without it looking like a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you have been busy! I like doing binding on the machine too, makes it so much faster! The Monster truck quilt is fantastic Deana, your grandson will be so happy!! Love, love love the Gnome block!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although it would be great for a quick finish I'm not brave enough to try machine binding yet.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and all the quilts are gorgeous.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome to have all that binding done! I've begun binding by machine on some of my quilts also. It's so much quicker and you can do some pretty stitches on it too. Your grandson will love that Monster Truck quilt! I love the gnome blocks but I really love that tulip quilt. The fabric you used to bind it is really cool! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Monster Trucks are gorgeous and sew good to have all the quilts finished.
    I also do most of my binding on the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You’ve accomplished so much! Love the cute Monster Truck quilt for a little guy. Your finished quilts look fantastic. It’s smart to do the binding by machine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful finishes! I have some more to do, and a friend is binding for me. My longarm is still a mess, but I think I've figured out a way to make it work on smaller quilts anyway. We'll see. Lots to do, and I love every minute.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.