Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 24, 2021

December progress is great and I have only been out of school for a day and a half.

Merry Christmas tomorrow to those in the states, and to all of you around the world I hope your Christmas was (if it was today for you) or is wonderful as well.  We are planning a quiet little Christmas for two which has NEVER happened before for us.  It will be great!


Tom Turkey came back from the quilter.  It is like Christmas to not have to quilt it and I LOVE IT so much!










 


I also finished quilting Dear Jane last night, and attached the binding on both of them.  This poor quilt has been partially quilted for years.  It was time to get her done!  

I now have travel bindings to do on three quilts as we travel during Christmas break to be with family.  









The other one is Feathered Goose which is partially done.  I LOVE to bind.  I plan to cozy up on the couch with a quilt and a movie over the next few days!







I am participating in the 350 blocks challenge by Prairie Moon this year.  I have not updated since June and just realized I missed July.  I have been machine quilting instead.



July blocks made:  19

Total YTD:  294

12 apple blocks



6 Gingham star blocks


1 flower jar block

Dec blocks made:  7

Total YTD:  311


Sadly, I had not made any blocks since July until this past week.  This week I made:

5 flower jar blocks
1 assembled and bordered Sweet N Simple AND binding made
1 bordered Tom Turkey and binding made

It would seem I only have 39 more blocks to go to meet the 350...probably not happening in a week lol!

I am on track to finish my goals for December.  I only have to add borders to another quilt to make it happen.  Yeehaw!!


12 comments:

  1. Tom Turkey looks great, and well done on your Dear Jane. If you love bindings, I have 4 here that you can do for me too!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything has been coming together nicely. The quilting really enhances Tom Turkey. Stitching down binding is quite relaxing ,isn’t it. Enjoy your Christmas Day and then catching up with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your celebrations for two and catching up with Family. Safe travels and happy stitching along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and congrats on getting your Dear jane finally quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’ve done really well with your Dec target…. All the quilting looks great and enjoy your movies while stitching on the bindings…
    We had a quiet Christmas also this year.
    Have a lovely time with family…

    ReplyDelete
  6. deana...how fun to see you in person on chooky's zoom and now your blog with all your gorgeous quilts...one of the prettiest dear jane's i've seen and oh those flying geese! well done...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you have been super busy in a day and a half! Love the quilting on Tom Turkey and Dear Jane is stunning. Well done meeting Dec target. Enjoy your binding and movie time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The December progress has been fabulous. The turkeys are so cute. That Dear Jane is really glorious as is your Feathered Geese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the quilting is looking good.........goodluck getting the bindings completed.....great to have on your lap travelling........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Dear Jane...all the quilts are lovely...enjoy that binding...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep forgetting to mention how pretty your profile photo is! Meanwhile, always wonderful to see your various projects. I love them all and find inspiration here too. Meanwhile, enjoy your family time and Here's to a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.