Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Journey to Arizona



The next section to Arizona (and my quilt that tells its story) inludes 10 miles of hiking and 10 miles of biking in one day.  My husband's sister joined us on this wonderful adventure; she was such a joy.  I honestly have not been on a bike for years.  It was really fun.








The next day we went 40 miles on a bike.  My sister-in-law was not in a hurry to get started, so I waited at camp with her while my husband did 24 miles alone.  I regret that because I wanted to do more.  This was probably the prettiest stretch thus far.  The sun was shining, and the red dirt formations seemed to cheer us on.






We made a stop at a place called "Fat Man's Misery".  We have been there several times, but it was a first for my sister-in-law.  It is a very narrow crack that you climb up.





When you climb out on top it looks like this.




Here is my quilt update:

The purple is for hiking together.  Orange represents biking together while green means my husband biked alone.  Also, the days alternate between black and white.  You can easily see that we get a lot more miles in on the bikes.  Each log on both sides of the colored square is a mile.




15 min to stitch report:







I am linking up with:
Moving it Forward
BOMs Away

10 comments:

  1. The blocks are pretty spectacular and so is the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you ride your bike half way then ride back to your car.
    That means you are doing double distance to get so far.
    You must be very fit to do at least 24 miles on a bike. OH WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bit of a disconnect when you said you hadn't biked much but then went on to report 24 miles (or whatever the ridiculous number was). I would have made 2 (if I was lucky) and then whined about it. Your quilt is going to be spectacular. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, this is definitely going to be a very neat diary quilt :) Love reading about your trek days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to mark your progress! And those rocks! WOW!! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving watching this come together. That is a lot of miles on a bike, but I have to say that the narrow walk would make me very claustrophobic. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh, we can really start to get a feel for how this quilt will work out. I love the improv feel of the quilt, somewhat random in appearance, and appreciate the irony that actually is is incredibly planned! Great job... with the quilt and the adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great couple of days on the bikes. Your quilt is going to be so cool. Love how it's coming together. Congrats on finding time to stitch even while doing all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.