Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 3, 2018

Sweet Land of Liberty August Work LInky

I mostly completed my August Sweet Land of Liberty that I changed to "Pieceful Country".  Man do I love the room for creativity and individualism in this project!  I have been able to really make it my own through the group's guidance.  I would do another group like this again in a heart beat!

I really went off on my own with the embroidery and Statue of Liberty blocks.  I combined them into one applique'/embroidery project that is very country.  I love it!  The blue section will be trimmed down to size once I decide exactly where I want it to go in the quilt.  I still have small amounts of embroidery to finish on this block.  The pattern came from a Buggy Barn book I had at home.




I made the wonky stars as per the instructions. 



I also pretty much did the log cabin block with the bird applique' although my bird is a little more country.



I purposely omitted the flag as it doesn't go with the style of my quilt.

Here are all the blocks together...



I am linking up with Humble Quilts with the group members who are in this quilt along.

I am also linking up with:

Main Crush Monday
Moving it Forward Monday
Tish's UFO Busting
Silly Momma Quilts

10 comments:

  1. oh I love your blocks!
    looking forward to watching this project come together!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blocks again this month. Looking forward to next month's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creativity. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue or aqua block is so lovely. The different things in the circle really add a lot of interest. I like the little bird, it looks so perky. I think this SAL has given us all some confidence to use ideas of our own. Your quilt is really going to be a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I look at new blocks, I like this quilt more. You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super darling! I agree the flag wouldn't mesh unless of course, it was in the colors you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! You are really making a one of a kind treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another set of pretty blocks, I really like the circle! Yours is going to be a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying watching this one come together and I love each little piece of fabric that is making up this quilt. Keep having fun with the process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your interpretation of Sweet Land of Liberty is fun and inviting. What an adorable bird!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.