Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Deana: WIP Wednesday and WOW & I Quilt

Well, I have honestly spent more time blogging today than sewing, but I did go to work for 7 1/2 hours too (excuses, excuses).   I am trying to launch my new mystery row swap.  If you are not big on SWAPPS, check it out anyway because you can choose how much you swap and just Quilt Along for most of it.  Come check it out -- fun fun fun.  Planning to start in Sept/Oct.




I have been machine quilting this for my Mom.  It is very close to done so hopefully you will see a finish posted next time.  I hope to finish it up tonight.  Promise it will look better all stretched out tomorrow.

During my blog scanning adventures today I came across a wild colored quilt that I loved with a polka dot background.  It gave me an idea for some jelly rolls I won a couple of years ago.  I think wild just goes good together.  What do you think?  Yup!  I am liking it!

Also, to make this post more interesting I am showing off the quilt hanging in my entry way.  I finished it several years back and it is honestly one of my favorites.
Finally, here is what you see on my design wall today.  These are the reject blocks (made them too small) from last month's Block Lotto.  I have a wonderful little plan for them now and am happy I got to keep them.  P.S. there are lots of threads stuck to my design wall -- promise it's not pet hair.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday, Pretty Bobbins IQuilt, and Esther's Blog WOW.


4 comments:

  1. Is that winding ways in your entry way? I love it. Also, I use a lint roller on my design wall when it gets "hairy" haha. You can get them cheap at the doller store. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these are interesting! Love all your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, and those rejected Beauty blocks are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deana,
    You have nice selection of WIPs! I have been thinking about joining a swap. However, as much as I would love to participate in one, I can't add another project, but I will take a look. :-) Hopefully, I will get my WIPs done so I can join a swap!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.