Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sewing a little again -yay!

 I have been on a couple adventures the past couple of weekends and have finally made time to sew a little after school.

I didn't complete my goals, but there was progress.

I have the white circles blanket stitched on Sand Dollar.  Brown and blue centers are still to come.




Tom Turkey has been done for a year, but I changed my quilt hanger system and had to add a hanging sleeve to the back.  I love it on the wall.



Flower Power is a top now.  Hopefully I can get the backing done tomorrow and send it off to be quilted.  I had a love/hate relationship with this project.  I signed up for a monthly kit and got these fabrics which I really didn't love.  I added some Tula Pink which helped.  The blocks were super easy and fun to make, but the fabrics really don't do much for me.  I purchased sale fabric to finish it off or used my stash.  No sense spending lots of money on something you don't love.




Last weekend was Thanksmas with my family.  Me and my siblings got a photo.  It has been so long since all five of us have been together.  Nearly all of our kids and grands were there as well.  I am the shortest and the eldest; however, none of us are tall.



We had a great rock crawling Saturday the weekend before.  Life has been full of happy days!  We nearly tipped the truck over.

My son-in-law did tip on his side.


We really do drive right over the top of huge rocks!



Oh, and I promised a photo of my book club's murder mystery night.



And how could I leave a post without mentioning Zoom with the Chookshed group.  Thanks ladies!









11 comments:

  1. It was great to see you at the chookshed. I was just leaving when you came on. You do have some very interesting activities in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see you in zoom. Nice to see you have found time for sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y’all are so cute in your sibling photo in front of the fireplace — yes you ARE the shortest, even though you are rocking your platform heel boots! Hooray that you finished the Unloved Flower Quilt. I agree with you about those fabrics. That quilt pattern could have been so much better if you’d been able to pick your own fabrics, but I’m sure it feels good to just cross it off your list and move on! You know, my little sister loves daisies and now I’m looking at your Flower Power quilt and imagining all white flower petals with yellow gold centers, black background fabric and a daisy print fabric in my stash that has little daisies scattered all over a black background…. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do keep busy! Great siblings picture and rock crawling looks like great fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you could have group pic with your siblings, rather "extreme" rock crawling activity, think I'll stick to stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see that you got a bit of sewing squeezed into your busy life. Nice picture of you and the sibs. Yeah….don’t think I’d want to be in either of those vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to make the next Zoom Room session. Lovely family photo and you certainly enjoy some action packed adventures. Even though goals were not met you were certainly productive in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. crazy 4wd people...........insane places you go.......lovely to see you on zoom and glad your sewing again.........nice pic of you and your siblings........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sand dollar blocks! And the rock climbing - my DH would be right there with you, lol!! Tom Turkey looks great hanging up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sand dollar blocks turned out beautifully. The flowers are fun, but I can see why some of the fabrics didn't excite you. Hope you get in a bit more stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally can comment on your blog. Find I can't on my iPad, only on my laptop...
    WOW! you guys sure do some extreme 4WD driving. My hubby would love that,

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.