Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 23, 2022

I have not abandoned Blogland - just been busy!

 Hello Blog Friends!

I had a wonderful visit with Chooky's Zoomers and got some inspiration to get sewing again.  I went through my 2022 goals and set up a plan to meet them.  It will be tight, but it is doable.

What have I been up to?  Well, not much sewing.  I did have a girls sew day with my three daughters.  We sewed up cute little bags and projects.  We also chalked each other's hair.  The two lttle grand daughters loved that!  There was also some home made lotion making.

Remember my quilt retreat that didn't happen in August, well my girls loved sewing up some of the make and takes I had prepared.  I also gave them free pick of the bags and pincushions I had made.  They loved it.  







Two grand sons are missing from this photo.  Also, there is one more grand baby due to arrive in March.  I am so excited.  



I have also been training for a hike and trying to swim laps a few times a week all summer.  Hiking the highest peak in Utah was so wonderful that I wanted to stay in shape.  I have also lost about 16 lbs HOORAY FOR ME!!

I traveled to Southern Utah two weeks ago to do a 12 mile hike.  We also e-biked Bryce Canyon which was stunning and fun!  If someone tells you e-biking is easy - well - tell my very soar legs that.  I loved it so much though!!!

The hike was 6 miles down a steep mountain - not so easy.  The other 6 miles was in a river bottom.  We crossed the river repeatedly which was fun but exhausting.  Oh, and we found waterfalls too.



The e-biking day ended with a short hike where we found about 15 arches.







With only one week left in October, I set these quilty goals to finish off the month.  Wish me luck!

1.  Get a top done with borders and backing made for FLOWER POWER.





2. Make a plan for and get started on a backing for FOR THE BIRDS.  I wanted to put this bicycle on the back.  We shall see if I go that way or just  piece a simple backing.




3. Finish the binding on WINDMILL

4. Machine applique' centers on SAND DOLLAR



This week I am looking forward to a murder mystery evening with my book club.  Oh do we all enjoy each other so much!!  I will have to check in with you on how that goes down and try to remember to take pictures.  I will play the role of Dierdre C. Deucer.  Ya, that is me!



12 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures of your travels and what a beautiful family you have. Good luck with your October goals. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have been very busy. Stunning scenic shots.
    You have some lovely quilts to work on, enjoy them and enjoy your murder mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals and lovely family time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have been busy, but in such a fun way. The biking sounds awesome and a great way to stay in shape. Good luck with your quilting goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have been busy with your lovely family...
    Thats a BIG list to work on so good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogging, you were missed, but i can see why, well done with the fitness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos from your hikes! You've been busy with some really cool and fun stuff. Good luck with your plans to meet your 2022 goals, you've got some really fun projects to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm surprised you even have time to sew...LOL...oooh love that sand dollar quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you have been a tad busy. I'm sure you will get back to stitching and blogging when you are ready. Have fun with all those projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Dierdre Seducer!!! That sounds like so much fun! If there was a prize for having the cutest grandchildren, it'd surely go to you. Your heart must be so full. And then there are those quilts you're working on -- your Windmill looks spectacular and I'm excited about For the Birds, too, but then I love everything you do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you hike in some gorgeous places........goodluck with your goals I know you will meet them.........how nice to spend the time sewing with your girls........
    So please the Chookshed Stitchers got you motivated......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to spend sewing time with your girls. I thought Bryce Canyon was a stunning place, we only stayed one night several years ago. Love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.