Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 2, 2024

Quilt Guild Happenings

 I was able to attend July quilt guild.  It was a Christmas in July theme and ladies were making either a Santa quilt or a 3-D tree quilt.




I brought hand work and just visited.

Others brought Christmas fabric for other Christmassy projects.  The one below was a kit she has had for a long time.



Some just worked on UFOs.


I learned a new trick to raise the cutting table up.  Yes, I am going to do this in my sewing room!


Last month we each brought a yard of ugly fabric we didn't want.  We each put it inside a brown bag.  This month we each grabbed a random bag.  We are supposed to make something out of it by Christmas.  This is what I came home with.  I would not describe it as ugly.  There has been consideration to use it for the dress on my witch quilt.


I took some photos of my friends coveted Featherweights.  I am on the lookout for one of my own.


Love the white one!!







10 comments:

  1. What an inspirational bunch to hang out with. My cutting table is an old office desk, it is boosted up on blocks of wood and is so much better for my back which used to ache until Tony did that for me. That is a pretty piece of fabric, looking forward to seeing how it is used. Cute sewing machines. There is a hand cranked singer at the local sewing machine workshop, I keep hinting that I would love to own it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree quilt is fun....I have a 1950 black Featherweight, a street market find about 20 years ago. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to know what the long time kit will be, it looks like a lot of fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a nice, non ugly, piece of fabric to play with. Lots of interesting things going on at your guild. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love my little FW machine...it sews such a perfect stitch...it's a bit worn but that only means it has been used a lot...if i had excess cash floating around would have it repainted and new decals applied but it's still a gem as it is...nope not an ugly fabric at all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, our retreat group also raises the cutting table that way. At home I use the kitchen counter to cut. Anything to save our backs! A witch dress would be a perfect use for your new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some very talented members. Looks like lots of fun. It's always interesting to see what people think counts as ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could come sew with you and your guild! I am having Sewing Friends Withdrawal since moving to Florida. I used to take my 1935 Featherweight to guild sit & sew events unless I specifically needed a modern machine feature for what I was working on, but my Featherweight hasn't had a reason to leave her case since last November!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The featherweights are lovely. The white one is cool I agree. There is a wide range of projects there. That is similar to what we do at our monthly quilt meeting as well. We also tried the ugly swap . Many shoe bags wee made . Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun day at the guild. I love featherweights. My Hubby and Mom got me one for my birthday and it sews like a dream! I hope you are able to find one.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.