Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 5, 2024

Date with my husband (hike and craft exhibit)

My husband decided we should do a mountain bike excursion to the mountains.  It is too hot at home.  I didn't get any photos of us on our bikes, but the view was so nice.  I have discovered that I am not a mountain bike trail kind of girl.  I am just not a good technical rider.  I pushed my bike around the tight turns and when the trail had loose dirt.  I literally worked my heart hard and swetted my but off though, which my body needs.  I really did enjoy it.  The reservoir is called Jo's Valley.  It is quite large even though you cannot tell from this vantage point.

We began in the cedar trees for much of the technical stuff and then ended up out in the clearing.


After the bike trail, he took me to the county fair history exhibit.  It showcased some local talent from the past.











12 comments:

  1. Oh I can empathize with you -- I loved riding my bike on the greenway trail with my husband, but when he wants to go on mountain bike trails with the sharp turns, sharp rocky ravines to the side of the narrow trail, tree roots sticking out in all the wrong places, slippery mud... That is just not in my wheelhouse! Good for you for giving it a go. The county fair exhibit seems to have had some beautiful pieces on display. Those lacy doilies seem to be a lost art; I don't know anyone who makes those anymore but my grandmother's house was always full of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bike trip sounds like great exercise. We hike a lot but I don't think I can manage a trail bike anymore. Good for you!! That is some amazing handwork. We sure don't see that these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh such beautiful needlework....familiar to me as my aunts did a lot of it...for their hope chests...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. aah - the scenery..
    Some beautiful & delicate work there Deanna. as Jeanna said - there isn't much of that done these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the quilt in the last photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful gand work, always a pleasure to view and marvel at these lovely crafts from days gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the bike ride was worth it for all that beautiful hand work! All those amazing bullion knots on the first pieces and I love the pretty combo of embroidery and crochet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all your trips ,retreats and adventures I don’t know how you still find time to do some sewing.
    Your design wall looks great with all the blocks being displayed….
    Maria. Lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scenery. I don't do the technical stuff. After several riding buddy injuries the last time My Guy did some serious trail riding, he doesn't do that much on that front any more. Love the vintage treasures. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those old time crafts are beautiful. I remember those crinoline ladies and cloths. They are so pretty. You are very good to do the bike riding

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bike ride sounds to be quite a workout. I remember making those duchess sets when I was much younger. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maggie here. (I can’t seem to log in as Patch Maggie!).
    Love all the historic exhibits at the county fair. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.