Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Another shop hop and school teacher retreat

My local friends and I planned another shopping excursion over the mountain and discovered two new shops.  My favorite was The Sunflower Quilt Company.   It is new enough that it  doesn't have inventory online yet, but it is adorable and yummy and does retreats.


These fabrics came home with me  40% off - yay!  Not sure what I will do with them yet.  Ya, I have recent purchases that need a plan.

I feel like the colors in this photo are off.



I made some more Vesta blocks.  I hope to get caught up on this BOM this week and have more to show you then.  The hand applique' on these blocks has slowed me down some.  These blocks will have petals on them.


I finally bound Cross My Heart.















Sister and her husband made it to Africa - yay!  I thought some of you who know her would like to know.






Every year our small school does a teacher's retreat out of town.  We set goals and plan for the new year and do something fun together.  We actually went jeeping on a trail my husband took me on last spring.  The trail is called "Hell's Revenge" and was super fun doing it with people who have never done this kind of thing before!  


We are an amazing team who really care about kids!






My seat was up high in the back.  We were in Hummers.



Lovely view!



We always play games late into the evening.




7 comments:

  1. Hell's Revenge?! The name alone would scare me away!! I think it's awesome that your school does an annual teachers' retreat and I know that translates into a tight-knit, supporting community that creates better learning experiences for your students. YAY for the glimpse of Vesta -- and I am always in favor of supporting new quilt shops with fabric purchases, even if you have no plan (yet) for using the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that was quite a bumpy ride!

    Happy travels to Tracey & hubby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well haven't you been a busy bee. Lovely new stash fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fabrics and fun times with friends and collegues. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some fun fabrics to bring home. Congrats on the 100%. You've done so well this year! Hopefully you can keep up the momentum when school really kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some lovely fabrics and how lucky to get such a great discount. The teacher's retreat is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.