Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

New Vesta Row of the Month and To Do Tuesday

I caved and couldn't resist starting a row of the month.  I was browsing Blogland yesterday and came across "Vesta" at Frederique's blog.  She keeps a list of current BOMs.  I knew I shouldn't have looked at them (sigh).

Vesta started just YESTERDAY!  It is very unique' to anything I have ever made which is a "must do" for me!

Do any of my blog friends want to join me?  I would love to do it with a friend.  It has paper piecing and some applique'.

Vesta Row of the Month can be found at this link.


It is a one time $52 fee for the pattern.  I will be going through my stash to choose fabrics.  There is also a Facebook Group for this row along.  You wouldn't believe the gorgeous color combinations.




To Do Tuesday:

It has been awhile since I have linked up.  I am ever setting goals and achieving them, but sometimes I don't take the time to write a post.

This week's goals are heavy because I have three more days off from work for Spring Break.  I have more, but we have a family dirt bike and camping excursion the end of the week.

1.  Quilt panels for a new bag I just cut out this morning


This is a friend's bag in the same pattern.  She brought it to our "Sew Fun" quilting group to show, and I realized that I had purchased the pattern a couple of years ago.  Don't you love the photo bom in between the straps?



2.  Piece the boat sheds in my Aussie/NZ quilt.  I am behind on this BOM.  I can't wait to see this come together.



3.  Cut out my Hussey Mystery pieces (the lady hosting it has a last name of Hussey).  I found all of these pieces in my stash.  None of these pieces had a home yet, and I don't like to do a mystery out of my favorite coordinates in case I don't like it.



4. Do some hand applique' and embroidery in the evenings while camping (Let's Bake)




5.  Piece week 1 of my Hussey Mystery and start on week 2 (I am behind)

6.  Go shopping in my stash to figure out fabrics for my new Vesta Row of the Month


Also linking up with:

Patchwork and Quilts



Happy Sewing!





7 comments:

  1. You have a very busy month planned. Love that bag, looking forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely projects and your new row by row quilt is amazing!! It looks beyond my skills, but i will happily follow your progress and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That quilt design is stunning, not surprised you were tempted. Looking forward to seeing your colourway. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Vesta pattern is gorgeous, but above my pay grade. Looking forward to seeing your version come together. Enjoy your stitching time this week and the fun with the family. Good luck with your to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! Deana, in my moving stupor I had not seen that Vesta quilt nor heard a peep about it until your blog post this morning and I am so, so smitten with it! It has the Art Deco vibe that attracted me to the Deco quilt I've been working on in fits and snatches, but the blocks look so much more challenging and exciting to make. I am in agony, trying to stop myself from buying the pattern (because of how many other projects I've bought patterns and fabric for and not started yet). Do you know what size the blocks in the Vesta quilt finish? I'm wondering whether, if I broke down and bought the Vesta pattern, I might be able to do a mash-up combo quilt mixing rows of blocks that I've already made for Deco with the fancier blocks in Vesta. Deco blocks are 8" finished. Can you tell how desperately I am trying to come up with justification for buying this pattern?! Also, our beloved high school AP English teacher's name was Dr. Hussey, spelled just like your friend's name. I don't remember his first name, though. We all just called him "Doc Hussey." Have a wonderful time on your family camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry I tempted you so badly that you're going to do this wonderful Vesta quilt ;D
    Quite a busy week to come but all your current projects are beautiful and deserve to go forward. I love this bag!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you can't help yourself....... Lol......
    Vesta does look pretty cool though

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.