Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Lovely week off of work = sewing, sewing, sewing and a new baby horse at my house!

Thanks to several days at home alone, I am catching up on my goals that I fell behind on in March.  I have finally completed my Wellington, New Zealand boat sheds.



They look a bit odd under my seals, but I wanted to show them together as they will both be in the New Zealand section of my memory quilt.


I thought it would be fun to photograph them with my Fishy Business  blocks.  No, the fish will not be a part of this quilt.  The new color for April is yellow on the RSC.  I won't be able to start those fish blocks until the pattern releases in a few days.


Those of you who live near the ocean are probably used to boat sheds.  This desert girl is not.  I love structures and buildings anyway.  Seeing them all neatly in a row is enchanting to me.  I also love the colors.

Here is proof we were in Wellington!  I LOVED Oriental Bay!





I liked the large works of art!




And here are my boat sheds.  Yes, I really was there!







I am assuming this is Maori Art we are standing on  - love it!


I really like the fish art on this big warehouse.  It was painted over the large doors too.  Can you see the doors?




Look at the new little one who is living at my house.  He doesn't have a name yet; we are working on that.  For now I call him "little man".  His mom's name is Ruby and my sweetheart wants to give him a name that has to do with jewels.  Everyone I can think of sounds girly.


Here he is with his momma.  The mare behind them is expecting any day as well.  That means he will soon have a buddy to play with.  There are three mares in the pasture together, and all three are pretty watchful and protective of him.  The third mare, not shown, is a paint.  She was bred last year as well, but she lost her colt months ago.



Last Friday I came home from work to find "Little Man" all alone standing by the garbage can.  I rushed to tell my husband, "We have a baby, we have a baby!"  Luckily he followed my husband right into the pasture to be with his momma who was missing him.  He had somehow gone through the pasture fence.  He did have a little scrape on his leg to prove it.  My husband had fed horses just before I came home and never even noticed or saw him.  It was a fun day.


15 comments:

  1. Great Wellington pictures - I would love to visit one day. The boat sheds make a great patchwork design. Your little man is so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos of New Zealand. Itis a beautiful country. We hope to get back there again. That fish wall reminds me of your monthly fish blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, love the pictures. Reminds me of our trip there last Nov…i have lots of the same pictures…great memories! What about Jasper for the name of your newbie? Is is a jemstone, almost the color of your horse. Cheers, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new addition to the farm. He's a cutie. So glad you were able to catch up a bit during spring break. Love your sheds, seals and fishes. You will have some fun finishes at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah..... Wellington, the greatest little Capitol City indeed. I commuted by train from the Hutt Valley and worked in Wellington for quite a few years. Your boat shed blocks are brilliant, well done. And hello to the lovely little foal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those seals just make me feel happy! Your "Little Man" is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos from your trip and your blocks are coming along nicely. You live in the desert and your skies are blue, blue, blue ….. I think of sapphire and then “Shire” for your new colts name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little man is so cute. Well done on catching up with your sewing. The boat sheds are fabulous. I have a picture of a row of beach huts I want to turn into a quilt but at the moment I don't have a space for another start. Loved the pictures of Wellington.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your memories of Wellington and to see your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks and lovely travel photos. The little foal makes my heart melt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw Little Man and you mentioned jewels - I somehow thought of Topaz right away - and he even has the same colouring as that gemstone. Love your blocks and the photos in Wellington ..... that one with the paddlocks - it reminds me of an episode from The Amazing Race tv show ??? Not that I watch it all the time, but I'm sure there was something like that on it and there was some meaning to them ......

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is so cute. I know what you mean about desert girls loving things by the sea. The quilt is coming along really well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little Man is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt will be a beautiful memory quilt as a reminder of your trip to NZ.
    Such a cute "Little Man" Reuben is masculine for Ruby and Jasper is also the name of a gem so both would be nice names for the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad your making progress on your memory quilt......... Love the foal......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.