Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Return from retreat

Last weekend was retreat fun. It was at a cabin on a ranch just 30 miles from home.  I actually came home each night to sleep in my own bed.

I made all of my blocks for Cross My Heart. Love it! If the next grand is a girl, it will be for her. Speaking of babies, my son and his wife are expecting their first. I am thrilled for them. My son has always wanted to be a dad.  As a small child he would make his own toys and then declare that he was saving them for his kids someday.  If you asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, he would respond, "a dad". I attribute this to the fact that my children have a wonderful father. 


Back to the retreat...



As always with quilters,  I made new friendships with the neatest ladies!  Some I felt a sincere bond with. 


Chrissy, Kalynn, Julie, and Sherry

Monica


Lydia and Elaine


Laughed a ton sitting next to Mary





Charlotte (old friend), me with new friends Laureen, Conna, and Lynda


Julie. I have to make a mini in this pattern. Love it!



The cook read to us from this book each day  gotta have this book and read it all!





11 comments:

  1. What fun you had at the retreat. That's a lovely quilt you've working on, and how wonderful that your son has always wanted to be a Dad, now his size is coming true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks the perfect venue for a quilt retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds like great fun and I love your Cross my Heart blocks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cross my heart blocks, it will make a cute quilt. Congrats on the new additions to the family. Looks like you had a lot of fun and the venue looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have that book....love it! such fun you had...i would love a sleep at home retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful retreat. Can you believe it’s nearly a year since you were at Chooky’s retreat. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like another wonderful retreat. How lucky you got to go home each night. What a wonderful place, love all the timber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done n getting your blocks made. Looks like a great group for a retreat and the place looks amazing. Congratulations to your son and his wife, great news. Baradine is nearly here again, can you believe it? Wish you were coming again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it wonderful to attend a retreat with a fun group of ladies. I do like the quilt block you all made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a fun retreat- what a gorgeous building you were in!
    Congratulations to your son - sounds like he will make a great Dad- like his!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful spot to go to for retreat......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.