Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

To Do Tuesday

 Last week's goals for To Do Tuesday:

1.  Get my lesson ready for a teaching endorsement I am working on and successfully teach it.  There is much involved in the process.  The lesson itself is ready complete with a video clip I made, two activities with visuals and manipulatives, and handouts.  It takes quite a bit of time to write the lesson plan, have my admin  scheduled to evaluate me, and then video the two of us in a discussion about it.  There are also three reflection topics I have to write about as well. 

2. Get my seals made 

They finally look like seals.  There is more hand applique' to do on them, but I plan to save them for the next zoom session.



3. Make one $ Building Block.  It is paper piecing and curved piecing this month and will take some time.



4. Two fish blocks for RSC 

5. One elephant embroidered 

Yes, they really needed an outline stitch to help them show up - love them.  Still don't favor this particular star though.



6.  Write some instructions for a quilt block I am presenting at retreat in April. 💣

7. Move daily - only twice this week.  I am still getting back to not being so tired from being sick.

8. Outside Time - 💣


This week's goals:

1. red/green star block for a block exchange

2. Finish the last Celestial Star

3. Embroider 2 elephants

4. Nutmeg NYB block

5. Kaffe NYB block

6. Backing pieced for Blooms of Color



Last weekend I decided I would enjoy my sewing room better if I cleaned and organized it a bit.  It only took one afternoon;  why did I wait so long?  Anyway, I have a new system of putting just the things I want to work on in a week's time in the "To Do" bins.  After they are done, I will put them back with the rest of the fabric or blocks they go with.  It helps me to visually see what to work on, stay cleaner, and makes my sewing room happier.

#3 and #6 on this week's To Do list above are in this bin.


#s 1, 2, 4,  and 5 on the To Do list are in the pink bin and the vinyl bags.



My hand work, Celestial Star block for this week, fits neatly inside my Scrub Stitchin' bag along with floss, glasses, needle, hoop, and snippers.  I guess this is my "travel bin" for this week's hand work.



Clean sewing room photos...









Also linking up with:

Patchwork and Quilts

Oh Scrap

Monday This and That

Design Wall Monday



7 comments:

  1. You did pretty well with last week's to do list. Hopefully your energy levels are back this week and you'll have no trouble tackling your to do list this week. I've been slowing cleaning up my sewing room. I'll get more serious once the two active quilt alongs are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love a clean sewing room? I put off cleaning mine too, but I really enjoy it when it's done. Good luck on your list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of nice progress...and such a great sewing space..you are blessed deana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seal is adorable!!!! And I love your sewing room.. looking so organized and cozy! Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! Hope you are having a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have plenty to keep you busy. Cute seals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing room looks fantastic, clean, neat, I love your WIP system! Very inspiring for me, I need to find a way to keep things organized while several projects are on the table on the same time! Cute fish, and seals ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going so well with all your projects. Great job on organising your sewing room. Would you like to pop over and sort mine out? I kind of have my current projects together, but then so much other "Stuff" seems to take over.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.