Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

One Monthly Goal January & To Do Tuesday

 My One Monthly Goal for January is to make this into a finished bag.  I managed to get it traced and the applique' glue basted.  The stitching is the easy and relaxing part for me.


You may see a few of these popping up as several of us are all trying to work on it.




There a few other things I would like to accomplish this month as well.  One is to do the math planning for a new row quilt I want to start and make a row each month for.  It will be Australian and New Zealand themed.


To Do Tuesday:


This week's goals:

I have one more block to make for my $ Building Block of the Month and three swap blocks to start and finish as well.

Three of the four pineapple blocks for $ Building Blocks were completed this week.  The kit was meant to make all of the non-white fabrics all the same fabric.  I prefer this scrappier look, so I scrounged through all my leftover kit pieces to create these.

1. My goal is to make one block a day the rest of the week.  I made the three above Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

2. Do some hand work on my bag

3.  "move" every day.  What I mean by that is to get a little exercise in whatever form I can fit in.

4. My daughter has challenged me to 1,000 hours of outdoor time.  This is a real challenge for me because I am super busy indoors.  Just this week looked like this: Monday - work all day then help my husband outside for 2 hours measuring for tin on the hay barn and cutting down/cleaning up a tree, sewing a block.  Tuesday - work all day, get my hair done afterwards which takes 3 hours including driving over and back, book club after that, get home at 9:30 pm for the first time, sew 30 minutes, and go outside with my hubby to help him sort bolts for 40 minutes.  Late to bed. Wednesday - work all day, come home and help husband outside for an hour, go with him to a boys church activity for an hour (ages 8-11), cook dinner, sew, blog.  Tomorrow - work all day, get my nails done (takes a couple of hours), clean the church with my husband, help him outside, sew, clean.  

I will look forward to a weekend at home.

My goal is to get some outside time.


5. Sew 15 min a day

6.  Text a picture to my family in the photo challenge.  This week it is:

Since I am afraid of heights and I had to go up super high on the fork lift to assist my husband in measuring for tin, I am thinking  I may have to go back up to get this photograph.

7. Daily journaling


Also linking up with Melva Loves Scraps

I wish you all happy sewing this month!









14 comments:

  1. Great start on your Scrub Stitching Bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start on your bag. Love those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a cage of a fork lift one day painting the side of husbands work shed and he kept shaking the lift so the cage would wobble it was scary, I love your pineapp;e blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice start to your bag and I love the pineapple blocks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goal. It will be fun to see several variations of the same bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. goodluck with your goals.........yes I need to dig out my bag...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on that fork lift, rather you than me......your bag is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have one very busy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good start on the bag...glad you didn't make my mistake and include the "g" on stichin...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great start on the bag - sounds like you are very busy with work and helping at home. The blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow. Your days are busy! Good luck with both the one monthly goal and your to do list. It's definitely very ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you are squeezing in outside time in amazing ways!!! BTW, what kind of bolts does your husband have to sort? I'm guessing it's not fabric bolts!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deana, I am sure you can count your helping husband time as part of your "1,000 hours of outdoor time"...probably some of the exercise time too.
    Good luck with the other goals - I'm sure you will meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very late commenting here, as I am still getting an error message when I try on my iPad. Blast!..Great goals, and I love the pineapple blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.