Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Round Robin Chevron Braid has come home to me!

I just received a delivery of my quilt blocks from a group swap I have been participating in this year.  Thanks Margo Guymon for bringing them from your home town.

It is not my intent to sew it together quite like this, but look how 3D it looks.  I love it!



Now I just need to make some decisions on how I want to assemble it.  My most likely plan will be simple:

  • Square off the edges to make rectangular blocks.
  • Put vertical sashing between them.  
  • Use the cut off pieces to form a fun pieced border.

This plan will stabilize all of the bias and make it lie better.  It will also eliminate a lot of seams to match up.

Here is some inspiration from previous Chevron Braid quilts I have made in the past:
Journey to Arizona - this one tells the story of our adventure walking and pedaling across our state.


This lovely one was made for my niece's wedding.


This one does not have sashing between and would not be fun to sew together with all that bias.  


These were simple and fun.  Obviously my new blocks are much larger and wider.  The effect would be quite a bit different.



Here is my most recent $Building Blocks.  I loved doing the circles.  They were all done with hand applique' and hand embroidery.  I think they would make a great quilt from several blocks.



I also made my last Stash Bee blocks for the year.  They went out in the mail today.





Also, we had a great Thanksgiving.  Our whole family went camping, motorcycle riding, hiking, and shooting.  











8 comments:

  1. I love your chevron quilts - stunning! Great family holiday pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those swap blocks are going to be fun to play with. Looks like everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Happy stitching this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a lot of people camping - bet you all had fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look amazing! So many beautiful quilts to look at there. Your camping trip looked like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great way to celebrate thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chevron braid quilt is fabulous -- reminds me of Missoni fashion! I know it will be even more beautiful once you work your magic on the blocks. And I love seeing pictures of your family -- so much love! Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas, especially those little ones peering down from the bunk bed in the camper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely quilt blocks and quilts.........be interested to see what you do.....
    love the photo of the kids looking down on you adults......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.