Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 31, 2023

December sewing actually happened at my house!

I have been successful at keeping up with my four BOMs.  Here are December's Dollar Building Blocks.  Remember, they are four different quilts in four different colorways.




I decided to join in the fun again this year with a Facebook quilt block swap group.  This year I am asking for wonky houses. I still need to write my tutorial tomorrow, but aren't they cuties?  I love house quilt blocks.





As you can see, I am not setting a size requirement on them.  Any size goes.  I did not use a pattern at all to make them.  I just started by cutting a door and window that looked visually proportionate to me and went for it.




One more Celestial Stars Block was born in December.  I only have two more to go, and one of them was started in zoom group a few days ago.  I am still thinking I want to outline embroider the elephants to help them stand out.




Speaking of Zoom, here are some photos of our visit.  It was a good day for me because I could stay on for hours.  The Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge was also born during this meeting of fantastic women from around the world.  What a joy they are!














I fell in love with Janice's quilt!






8 comments:

  1. I love all your blocks. Sad I missed out on the zoom - my husband literally just out of hospital as you started so not good timing for me. Have fun with your 2024 Challenge and Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Wonky Houses are such fun. So glad you got a chance to get in some good solo and group stitching time this last month. Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful blocks :-) Well done!
    It was fun to sew with you on Zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the wonky houses!!! The photos of zoom made me smile - it was soo much fun! I loved Janices quilt as well and the next day I saw a magazine in the newsagent - American Patchwork & Quilting issue 185 which had a photo on the front which was similar to her quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is wonderful and this post. I agree with outlining the elephant to stand out and may I make and send you a house block please?
    And the zoom session was so good for my soul. I hope to make them more regularly now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! Those houses are so cool - may I make one and send it to you please, or is it restricted to a set group?
    The zoom session was good for my soul. I'm going to make them more regularly.
    And yes, I'd outline the elephant a little so it is more of a focus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fore a busy month you manage to achieve a lot. The wonky houses will be a fun quilt. It was so good catching up on Zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeh you got some sewing done...........and wonderful to catch up on zoom several times..........bonus

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.