Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 in Review

It is time for my traditional year review post.  It was a typical year for me with lows and highs the same as most people.  

One of the highs was the arrival of grand baby #8.  She is beautiful!



My husband and I did a moonlight 12 mile bike thing on the desert this summer with some other desert enthusiasts.  We also camped, rode motorcycles, hiked and just generally enjoyed the out doors.

I took my grands out for a day with grandma for their birthdays again.  They are a joy!



Traveling the world has always been a dream of mine, and this year I took a leap and actually went to New Zealand and Australia.  Thank you friends from down under for the invite and the encouragement!  Thank you sister for going with me to make those memories!  Thank you husband for supporting me.



I returned to my local quilt retreat again this year.  Oh do I love those wonderful ladies!  I even made a new friend there while bonding even more with the others.



I was approached to start a little Quilt Club in my area. We have named ourselves the Sew Fun Group.  We are meeting once or twice a month.



I read 30 books this year!




As little as I sewed this year, I am surprised to realize that I actually had 13 finishes.  Here is a list of sewing stats...



It looks like I was only short of completing 3 goals.  I try to finish everything I start in a given year.  Two were new starts and the other was the Disney Princess quilt that I only seem to manage to make one block a year.

Photo finishes are below:

Color My World



Crazy Quilty Ladies



Cherry Fizz Bloom



Red Pinwheel



Tulip Garden



Buggy Barn Flowers



Sports Braid



Tulip Winnings



Tillie's Pinwheel



Diddles Bag



Dresses for Africa



Monster Trucks



Black N White Flowers




I participated in the 350 blocks challenge.  I think I ended up making a total of  361 blocks in 2024.

Four Blocks of the Months were started.  They will continue through the end of 2024.

A local group swapped blocks with me all year.  I ended up making a total of 24 blocks for those women and ended up with these quilt blocks for myself.





8 comments:

  1. I love your recap - but I think you meant to put 2023 at the top (ooops) lol I love the idea of the books read!! I can't even remember all the books I read this year but I think I might borrow this idea for myself! Some great finishes as well and lots of fun times by sounds of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely year both in and out of the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a fabulous 2023 working on many beautiful quilts, enjoying many great outing , travelling overseas and adding a gorgeous little Grand Daughter to the family too.

    All the best for another great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your year in review. Its hard to believe you can do all that work and fuit life in. You are amazing . Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great summary of the year 2023. While I usually do a post of the year's achievements, I skipped this as not home long enough lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive list representing lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You stitched a lot over summer break. Such fun finishes and you had some really fun starts too. Happy New Year. Wishing an equally fun and productive 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a productive year and other wonderful family memories made. It is always amazing how much we have done, once we look back.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.