Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 14, 2023

My Quilting Friends Sewing Progress, and I WON QUILT BLOCKS!

I made pretty good progress on my tulip quilt at the retreat getting all of my leaves done.  The tulip parts were made in AUSTRALIA AT SCRUB STITCHIN'.  (I just love savoring every memory there!) I came home and added them to the flowers.  Next step:  assembly.  White sashing between the columns is all pinned and ready.   I should have a top done today!

I purchased this tulip quilt kit at a little quilt shop back home - love it!



We do "make and takes" at this retreat as well.  They sew up quickly and are fun.  They pass around totes with the fabric and supplies in little baggies at lunch.  You choose one you like and then sew it up after lunch.

I made this little bin and scissor keeper.  The retreat hosts gave us the little matching zipper bag and filled it with binding clips.  They also gave us the charm pack - so cute!




They also have quilting quizzes and drawings.  I won the quiz once and got this cute little packet of goodies and mini charm pack.





I also drew to win this adorable bag made by Robyn. L O V E  I T   so much!  



I made a new friend at this retreat who came all the way from Arizona.  Anji sits with her mother-in-law, Carol in the photo.  



Anji  had just ordered these square rulers off Amazon for only $20, so I got my phone out and ordered them as well.  I have been needing more variety of squares.  For now, those rulers are kept inside my cute bag.  I like the little mustache's on them.




And these are the tulip blocks I won!  They are so cute!  Most of the ladies made them and entered them into the drawing.  I believe there were enough blocks to have 3-4 winners.


One of the ladies at the retreat told us about a Block of the Month that only costs $15 for all of the fabric to make a King sized quilt top.  I know it is crazy, but it is true.  That is not $15 per month; it is $15 total.  The host, Kloth. Studio which can be found on Facebook, gets promotions from the fabric designers to host this.  He also sells other products that you are not required to purchase, but they come at great prices to those who join the BOM.

Well, I got all excited and signed up for 4 of them!  It is a mystery and the first zoom meeting for the class is May 20th.  It goes for 15 months.  If you don't live close enough to pick up your monthly kits then you pay a one time $30 shipping fee.  When you buy his discounted products he sends them with your next kit's shipment without any charge.  They are shipping them out today so I will be getting a nice little package in the mail this week.

These are the color ways I signed up for:

Moda's Country Rose


Jewels of the Caribbean



Nutmeg


This one was more as listed below because it is a popular fabric line - Kaffe.

The lady who did the Trunk Show, I think her name was Cheryl, brought some of her fabric stash to sell.  This is what I came home with:



Besides the round robin and the rulers, I also recently purchased a fat q bundle of Tula Pink for use in my Pineapple quilt, Celestial Star quilt, and Stashbee flowers quilt.  Look how yummy they are...




8 comments:

  1. LOVE the Tulips top....
    WOW! so much going on at the retreat with lots of goodies and always great to meet new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what a great time you had! I love how your 'make and take' coordinates perfectly with the bag you won. And all those new projects winging your way - the fabrics look just gorgeous. Always good to make a new friend too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful happenings and fabrics. Love your tulips, lots of lovely memories sewn in to those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tulips are really cute, both the almost finished quilt and the blocks you won. Looks like you did well at the retreat on both the progress front and the bargain front. Have a very Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops - I got the posts mixed up - so here at the tulip quilts...LOL

    You did well with surprises and winnings.
    And I still cant believe the BOMS you ahev access to....Love the Jewels or Kaffe Fasset choices.

    you are not going to run out of projects anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful retreat, love your bags and scissor keeper, well done on the raffle win and the new rulers and so much beautiful fabric. The new BOM sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my such lovely lovely fabrics....lots out there i know...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tulips........ Missed seeing you making those bits....... So many great things in this post...... And wow you won some tulips also........

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.