Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 15, 2022

Flower blocks done!

 I finished my big flower blocks.  Now to decide on arrangement and sashing fabric.  I am shopping from my stash for them.


I was so blessed last week when my tire broke off my car going down the interstate.  The ball joint broke.  It took me some focus to even be able to control the steering at 70 mph to get off the road.  Once I was off, I hit the breaks and nothing happened.  The damage also broke my break line.  Fortunately my tire got wedged  up under the frame and slowed me to a stop quickly enough.

Blessings:
1.  It didn't happen in the canyon on those turns and steep declines.
2.  My daughter and her family were in a vehicle on the very next exit and were able to retrieve me quickly off the side of the road.
3. My son-in-law who is a mechanic had it all fixed within a couple of days so I could return home.
4. Big O Tires are automatically insured for road hazard.  My tires were only 1 1/2 weeks old and they replaced the damaged one.  On a side note,  they really should have checked those ball joints while they were changing my tires which could have prevented the entire situation.
5.  The other cars on the interstate did not hit me nor did I hit them.




7 comments:

  1. Lots of blessings to count there, so glad you are safe.
    Your flowers look good, I'm sure you will find just the right fabric for sashing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased nothing serious happened to you when your ball joint broke...
    Your big Flower blocks do look good together ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that was nasty! So fortunate that you were able to control the car and that you, thankfully, are OK. Stressful though I should imagine. The flowers look lovely and no doubt that sashing will be on in a trice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right. Your guardian angel was with you all the way. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would have been very frightening having the tyre come off. Thank goodness you were not hurt. Your flower blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. guess the guardian angel was on duty big time that day...lovely flower blocks...so thankful no injury to you or anyone...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower blocks look great, and Praise the Lord that you came through that drama safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.