Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 2, 2021

I have been absent! #35 I Like Thursday

June flew by for me!  How was yours?  I sort of lost my zing for blogging for a spell.  Generally that happens for me about once a year, but I think I am back.  Machine quilting has been a focus instead of piecing which makes for pretty boring blog posts.


Quick June recap:

There was a week spent in "teacher" school, a week with my daughter's family to welcome a new grandbaby, and a week lounging around in my nightgown due to shingles.  It hurt too much to wear real clothes.  Another joyful week was spent tending all seven of my grands but not at the same time (thank goodness).  Life is good!

This weekend brings my son and his girlfriend for a three day visit where we plan to ride motorcycles/4 wheeler, go to the baby blessing on Sunday, and a work project of clearing trees off my daughter's property for Monday.

I Like Thursday 

I have missed several I Like Thursdays and am a day late, but here goes:


I like/love family time!!!

Meet grand #7.  He is absolutely PERFECT.  He never cries and brings us such joy.



I took my two oldest grands for a birthday date with Grandma.  Little man just turned 4 and Little Miss turns 4 this week.  Every year I take the grands for a date with grandma for their birthday instead of getting them a gift.  It seems to me that we all forget gifts received, but we remember the moments together.

We began the birthday date with a scheduled time at Hang Time trampoline center.  Children 1-5 can schedule an hour to play anywhere in the facility without the big kids and adults there to bounce them around too much.  I was pleasantly surprised to have the entire place to ourselves.  These two littles LOVED it!  They jumped, ran up walls, slid down, climbed ropes, jumped off platforms into soft cushions, and walked across hanging ropes with great skill for 4 year olds.




Afterward we had lunch at a park with a ton of ducks.  They LOVED those ducks!!!  They enjoyed the playground too.





We went to a special children's activity center which was absolutely incredible.  They played with giant legos, built things, x-rayed stuffed animals and "doctored" them, went across rope bridges, played with and discovered water and gravity, played instruments, solved puzzles, played cooking, and on and on.









Our final stop was Cabelas to see the fish in the aquarium there.  We were all exhausted by the time we got home.  



Thank you Leeanna for this wonderful happy weekly party!  Go check out everyone else's happy week moments.




12 comments:

  1. Hi, what a lovely post filled with those beautiful grandchildren. I think like you that they will remember the time spent with us more than anything else. Meanwhile I must remember to check out that Prairie Moon block challenge. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day with the he grandkids.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a wonderful time with these lucky grandies. Fabulous. CONGRATULATIONS on number 7….

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to spend the 4 year olds BD with Granma...
    Congrates on the arrival of your 7th GC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your newest grandchild! The day out with your eldest grandies looked amazing, so many different things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aweee a new baaaabieeee
    welcome back to the I Like group, we missed you and all your pretty quilts and pictures. Feeling more renewed? I know just what you're talking about... when it becomes too hard to blog at the moment... we all know how that is. welcome home! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new grandbaby. Love the photos of the grandchildren. They look like they had wonderful time. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are over the shingles. Lovely memories in the making for the grandies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun fabulous photo-filled post!! I'm sorry you had to deal with shingles. I think I have a variant of shingles right now - just got back from urgent care. I love the day you spent with your grands!! Priceless definitely springs to mind. We've always done something similar. We take the birthday child out to eat wherever they want - oh, too many times at Pizza Hut!! Then we go and pick out a gift together - sometimes a craft that we do, etc. My niece still remembers the time she got to eat spaghetti with a side of bacon, or desert first because the mixed up the meal order. Those memories last forever! Congrats on #7!! How exciting. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on grandie 7. I love the idea of a birthday outing. Kids have so much “stuff” that this a fabulous way to spend a day and make memories. They look to have had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new addition to the family! Making memories is such a special gift. Looks like the little ones made some great ones. Glad you are back from your bloggy vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. can you adopt me as a grandchild? That looks like a really fun day. Congratulations on the arrival of the newest grandbaby. Those shingles are not fun! I’m sorry you had to get them, but glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.