Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 25, 2019

Deana: I am back!

I can't believe I haven't blogged since July.  I got busy painting my house and cleaning carpets and then school started. I have only just begun sewing again.

In August we had a little family retreat up to my sister's cabin.  It was so wonderful and peaceful.  Below are a few photos of our time there.

We all jammed together in a small cabin's living room.  It was cozy but fun.  Here are some photos of one end of the room and then the other.





The kids played outside.  They enjoyed burying each other in the sand box.  These are some of my nieces and nephews.



My sister, Jodi, who is on the right made this bow tie quilt.  She just brought fat quarters and levis up wanting to make a denim quilt.  My friend, Deb, who is on the left showed her how to make them.  The little girl in the front, Presley, used her mom's scraps to learn how to sew this trip.






Presley is shown below with her first sewing project!




I taught her how to sew while her mom had to run home for a couple of hours.  Yes, I am the guilty one who got her hooked.



Here is Presley with her Mom.


My sister-in-law, Felicity, made some super cute stars and nine patches.







I made some New York Beauty blocks and covered some bench cushions.



Mom has not sewn in some time.  She was thrilled to complete a quilt top made from blocks passed down to her.  Her great grandmother made the Sun Bonnet Sue blocks many years ago.  The grandma who made them was Isabelle Richardson Sessions Olson.  


 Mom wanted a queen sized quilt from just a few blocks.  There will be lots of room for pretty quilting.  I am pretty certain she will do it by hand.





We also got some family pictures one up there.

My grand babies were gathered for a photo with me.  I have one more little guy now who was born just two weeks later.  We didn't know pictures would be taken, so the little ones were just as they were.  It is too bad my husband could not be there for the photo.




The photo below is me and my siblings.



Here is my whole family...


Me and my sisters are shown below.  I am the oldest but the shortest.  None of us are very tall though.


4 comments:

  1. So many lovely photos and memories. Beautiful grandbabies....It's great to see you altogether sewing and sharing. Great to see you back on here today. I have missed seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun seeing what you've been up to. Photos are good to have to remind us of family and good times. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great way to have a family reunion. Great family photos, people will be glad to have those down the line. The kiddos grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. So good to see your family all together. I have the best cousins!! And I love that Presley is getting excited about quilting too!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.