Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 22, 2019

Basting...

I have mostly been basting quilts the past few days.  I will quilt them on my sit down Juki Long arm gradually over the next few months. 

First on my quilting list is for grand baby boy.  I used a different backing that worries me.  It was the perfect size and color but isn't the normal cotton back I would use.  I hope I don't regret it.



I fully intended to put a cute car fabric on the back, but it wasn't quite big enough.  I have so much leftover fabric pieces I thought I would make another baby quilt out of them and put the cars on the back of it instead.




Memory Round Robin is basted now.


This one from a family round robin is nearly quilted.  Seriously an hour or so and I will have it.


School kid barns is small and shouldn't take long.  The blocks were a result of a class I taught at school.


My Dear Jane has been basted for many months.  It scares me a little bit to quilt because it is such a treasure with those 4 1/2" blocks.


I currently have my block lotto winner's quilt on the floor sizing it up to piece the back.  It will be basted next.




I am pretty excited to realize that I only have three more tops of mine ready to baste and one for my sister-in-law.  After many years of finished tops waiting to be quilted, this is quite an accomplishment!



Here are bindings read to go or ready to sew.



To Do Tuesday:

I hope this week to get one more basted, bindings made, and trucks quilted and bound.  With a little luck I will finish quilting Periwinkle as well.  It will depend on baby's arrival.

15 Minutes to Stitch Report







I am linking up today with:

BOMs Away
To Do Tuesday
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Moving it Forward Monday

8 comments:

  1. Good for you getting all those tops quilted. I wish my closet looked like your does, just two quilts waiting for the quilting. It sure feels good to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration in that you have gotten those tops finished. It gives me hope for mine.

    I love the cute vehicle quilt. That is such a fun little boy quilt. Your Dear Jane is also gorgeous, but indeed, daunting. I've always thought of making one "someday".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a machine. Look at all that progress. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love that truck quilt for the grandson, it'll be interesting to see how you quilt it. All that space in your closet is beautiful too, good for you! It shows how much you've focused on recently, now please send me some of you mojo, ok? I could use the energy and help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much EXCITEMENT going on over at your house!! I can imagine how you feel about your Jane quilt. Do you have a plan for HOW you want to quilt that one? I have several tops of my own, patiently waiting in Quilt Purgatory (that's what I've named the closet) until I build up the longarm quilting skills -- and the confidence! -- to do them justice. You are doing great, finishing these quilts one after the next. Just leave Jane 'til last, and by the time you get to her, it will be a piece of cake! In all seriousness, I think you just have to break that one down into chunks and take it one bite at a time. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a busy woman. So excited to see the baby quilt finished.
    What a bright eyed little guy. So glad all is welll

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some gorgeous finishes waiting in the wings! It's nice when you can see visible progress on the UFO pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking about you my friend! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.