Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August One Monthly Goal and other goals

Wow, has July really come and gone?  I have absolutely loved every second of my summer.  In less than three weeks I start back teaching school.  While I will love the fun busy days in the classroom, I will certainly long for the relaxed days of summer.  

For me summer means more time to sew and visit family.  None of my children or siblings live close.  My parents don't either.  It is hard to give up weekends to visit, and winter driving over the mountains is scary.  I will treasure every day I have left before school starts again.

My One Monthly Goal is to glue baste another corner of my Diamond Hill Quilt and begin the hand applique'.  I have two completely stitched.  This is very relaxing for me and perfect timing for it as well with school starting this month.  This goal is my #3 on the UFO list hosted by Patchwork Times.  It is also on my 18 in 2018 list hosted by What a Hoot Quilts.  


This is what the center of the quilt looks like:



Other goals are as follows:

1.  Complete my Round Robin for August
2.  Sew my tree blocks




3.  Assemble my second Bear Paw Quilt once the trees are complete.  This is a sketch of what it will look like.



4.  Bind a quilt for a friend
5.  Piece and Assemble my horse quilt




6.  Quilt the horse quilt.
7.  Complete a Fisherman Fred block for my Pieceful Country quilt
8.  Complete August's Pieceful Country section




9.  Piece a baby quilt for my daughter's new baby coming in September


10.  Finish quilting and bind Mariella's Quilt




I am linking up with:

Freemotion by the River
Monday Making
Esther's WOW
Lets Bee Social


9 comments:

  1. This is an ambitious list of goals! Good luck! I really like the Diamond Hill quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a lot of quilt making going on at your house. I love the block with the quilt hanging between the trees. You've really made this quilt your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Deana that’s a Hugh list on your todo list??? Love the look of you pieced trees to be they will be just perfect for the quilt top to be also. You have so many lovely things waiting for you. Your corner of Diamond Hill is lovely, makes me want to get mine out and finish it. Such a lovely corner design. Best of luck with all your challenges you have set your self. Cheers Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have plenty to do, and it will all get done eventually. I really like the one monthly goal border. That will just make the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that is a very full list!!! You will be a busy gal but they are great projects to work on so I suspect that you will also be very happy. LOVE that Diamond Hill appliqué border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty border. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be a busy month. I love that applique border and the center of the quilt is stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW! Gorgeous projects esp that border applique it is really striking! Good luck with your huge list. And I just have to say that after reading it I felt like such a slacker though I know I'm not. LOL Just prioritizing on other things still.


    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your OMG. Looks like you'll be way busy in September. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.