Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Deana: July Goal Recap


July goal assessment...

1.  Piece my new QAL.  

THE FABRIC DID NOT ARRIVE SO ONE WILL BE PUSHED BACK SEVERAL MONTHS.




2.  Quilt Mom's Gold and Yellow Medallion.  The outline quilting is done so now it is time for all the fun filler stuff.
BEFORE


AFTER - FINISHED JULY 7th




3.  Make a Stashbee block.
FINISHED JULY 6th
I made three birds.  We were asked to name them.
Spooky Louie Chickadee

Yellow Bellied Toad Swallow

Black Bottom Fluff Jay

4.  Participate in the Block Lotto.  This month it is 9" blocks of house pets.  I have some fun dog patterns that I want to make up.

FINISHED JULY 6th - I MADE A BIRD INSTEAD OF A DOG

5.  Get the outline quilting done on my Shimmer Braid Quilt.


BEFORE



AFTER - FINISHED July 25th
I got much more than the outline stitching done.  The top is completely quilted and ready for the binding!  Yay!



 and bound

6.  Sew up a sample for my family round robin.  I can't show it to you, but I will say that it is a little like a New York Beauty.
FINISHED JULY 3rd

7.  Blanket Stitch around Mom's horse and do all the silhouettes.Mom does not like to do machine blanket stitch.  She also does not like unfinished projects.  My Dorinda Quilt is not quite hand quilted.  She is finishing up the hand quilting for me while I do the blanket stitch on the horse quilt for her.


FINISHED THE STITCHING AROUND THE HORSE
No silhouettes ready yet.

8.  Plan, purchase fabric for, and cut out Brielle's Braid.


FINISHED July 24th - got a ton of sewing done on it too!

9.  Do a row in my July family round robin. This one is also a secret.
FINISHED JULY 4th


10.  Create the next Americana row pattern for August.



FINISHED!


11.  Create the next Spring row pattern for August.

FINISHED!

12.  Finish my Flowering Snowball Quilt top complete with borders.  


BEFORE
AFTER


I am linking up with:



4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've had a busy July! Your quilting is fabulous! You've got some pretty quilts going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you got SOOO much done!!! Your shimmer braid is just gorgeous. I cannot wait for the new quilt along (although I'm kinda glad it got pushed back)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous projects! You had a very productive July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got more done in July that most people get done in a year! The shimmer braid is fabulous! Those are my favorite colors for a quilt. What kind of machine do you do your quilting on? It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.