Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 3, 2015

Ann: Paper Piecing and I Have a Love/Hate Relationship

For as long as I have been using paper piecing, I have had definite feelings about it. I love the sharp points and how the block looks when complete, but I hate making it. First, I feel like I am wasting a lot of fabric (which I am probably not) and it takes a lot of thread!
Second, my tension on my sewing machine does not like the tiny stitches, so I have to adjust it several times to get the right tension.
And third, it takes SO MUCH TIME! But today I completed my first "Fireworks Star" for the Americana QAL that we are doing on the DOD page. For all my frustration, I love how it looks.

I collected fabric probably 10 years ago to do an Americana quilt, but just never found a pattern that I liked. So my stash will now be put to use, thanks to Deana.


1 comment:

  1. Ann, I think you may have used the exact same stars on white fabric that I used in mine all those years ago. It looks great! I can't wait to see how all the others turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.