Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Deana: Setting Oct Goals

Hello Blogland.  It is a little late, but below is a list of my October goals. 

My list is larger than normal this month because I plan on slacking next month.  My daughter comes home from Russia in November!  I have not seen her for 18 months and want to spend every minute with her.  She is currently serving a mission there for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I miss her SO MUCH!  Missionaries are not allowed to call home but they can Skype twice a year - Christmas and Mother's Day.  This helps them to stay focused on the work they do.  She did not choose Russia, she was called there.  Missionaries submit their papers to the church offices and they decide, through prayer and fasting, where each missionary needs to serve.  She did not know the Russian language when she left, but she is fluent now.  It is such a great experience!

I will spend today and tomorrow watching our church's semi-annual conference on the internet.  It is my favorite time of year and so spiritually uplifting.  I invite you to check it out at this link.  It will later be available in many languages.  It will take a week for my daughter and the Russian people to get it in their language.


1.  Finish quilting and bind the Windmill Quilt.  
I actually finished the quilting this morning - Yay!  I still need to bind it.  There is a pattern available for this quilt    
In My Etsy Shop
Or in my Craftsy Shop

 





2.  Complete the entire top of this horse quilt
 This is the direction this horse is headed.  I still need to piece the last ring and then make it rectangular.  You can see partial paper pieced units.  The borders will be hand applique' silhouettes of cowboys and horses.  I have much to do to get this done in time for Christmas.
 
3.  Design, make, and pattern the November Quilter's Garden row block.  
This is the October row we are making.
 
 FREE PATTERN IF YOU JOIN!  Details here!

Here is a single October block.  The rotaries in bloom pattern will be available for non participants to purchase at the end of the month.  You get it for free if you join and swap a block. 
 The sewing machine blocks were the September swap.  This pattern can be purchased here, at Etsy.  It includes patterns for three sewing machines.

You can also get it at Craftsy.


4.  Baste Jessi's Medallion to prepare it for quilting. The pattern is available  Etsy shop.  There are two parts in the Craftsy shop because the file was too big, so make sure you purchase them both or you will be missing some.  Etsy has the full pattern in one download.

5. Sew my monthly family round robin.
We all had to design a quilt for a sister or mom, but we all started with the same fabric (below).  As they pass around each month we do not know whose we are working on - it could even be our own quilt.  I have not received mine yet for this month.

6. Make a small quilt top for my Priceless Quilter Christmas swap.

I will be using sewing machine blocks as well as the "mystery" blocks I am designing for November's Quilter's Garden.  A pattern is currently available for the sewing machines at Etsy and Craftsy.  Once the November block is revealed I will release the pattern for this small quilt.  

7. Baste and quilt this top made by Sandra

8. 10 Dear Jane blocks


Yes, I plan to be in the sewing room every second I am home.  My house will be a little ruffled up and my son and husband will wish I would cook; however, there will be a very clean home with nice meals, and special family moments when she gets home. 

I am linking up with:

Show off Saturday  - go check out her wonderful blog and linky party!

2 comments:

  1. So much going on...the motivation of your daughter coming home will keep you going! Looking forward to watching you progress this month! Off to check out the rotary swap...hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deana I know how you feel not seeing your daughter, because I haven't seen my son for 3 years! He will be home in January for a visit. He has been living in Taiwan and teaching English there. I miss him, but at least we have been talking to him on the phone and can see him on the computer camera, so that helps.

    All the quilts are just so beautiful! I am looking forward to what becomes of the beautiful stack of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.