Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 29, 2014

Deana: Tuesday Archives with Val's Quilting Studio - Grandmother's Flower Garden



Tuesdays are a favorite linky day for me because Valerie at Val's Tuesday Archives  gives me a chance to reflect on past projects and dig them out of the closet.  Today's topic is "Granny Squares" and "Grandmother's Flower Garden".  

I have never made a Granny Square block but I have a good start on two Grandmother's Flower Garden quilts.  Neither one is finished, and they are not on the list to work on in the near future either.


These are my two projects that are way on the back burner.

This one was a round robin where my friends each made me two flowers.  I think it will become a table topper.  Some pieces are just laying on the blue fabric, so if they are spaced funny, that is why.  This quilt is all out of Batiks --I love them!



Please excuse the wrinkles,  I just pulled it out of a box for this post.  This one is my own design; I call it "Grandmother's Overgrown Flower Garden", but I need to remove the border and start over because it is a mess.  I should have hand appliqued it,  but I got in a hurry and made a mess of machine applique.  Some day it will be all finished correctly.  I hope to market this pattern some day, so please do not copy it.  Thank you.

One thing I learned from this project is...
NEVER PUT A PROJECT AWAY THAT NEEDS TO BE PICKED OUT!  It is so hard to get going on it again.  


I am also linking up with:



2 comments:

  1. You absolutely made my day and I'm so glad I'm now going to bed with a better piece of mind. First, just the fact you are such a cheerleader of Tuesday Archives makes me smile. THANK YOU!!! Secondly, My hexi's are buried in a box too. (I feel better making that confession.) Finally, I just spent all evening picking out some quilting...my darn longarm was not cooperating with me after I got home from work. Spent two hours fighting thread breaks (I think my spool was bad)then another two hours picking...frustrated! LOL!! BUT!! After reading your post I realize I'm not alone and not the only one who gets in a hurry!!! (I know I'm not...just feels like it sometimes...LOL!) THANKS D!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.