Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Finished Quilt

When Callie was here for a week with us in August we decided to make a quilt for her.  She picked out the butterfly fabric and wanted to make a kaleidoscope quilt since she helped me put together the pieces for another kaleidoscope that I am making.  We had such a fun time cutting and piecing the blocks, but we didn't have time to put it all together and quilt it before she left.  I finally got it all finished and it is now in her possession.

This was another practice quilt for me since I'm trying to learn to do a good job of quilting on my home machine.  My stitches are not very even, but I'm learning and hopefully if I keep practicing I'll be happy with a finished project.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Congrats to Callie on her first piecing project! You did a great job the both of you!

    Completely finishing a project is celebration worthy of any of us. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. It is fun making quilts for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.